GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Does anyone know of a dealer in the Toronto area that knows how to reprogram radios? I’ve swapped in a NAV radio into my 2009 and need to clear the loud chime issue, everything else works, it was off the shelf new unlocked from GM. I‘ve read lots of posts about it and know what needs to be input, but need someone with the SPS equipment. My dealer in Barrie looked at me like I had 2 heads when I asked him to do it.
Thanks,
Jay

· Registered
3,487 Posts
Hi all,
Does anyone know of a dealer in the Toronto area that knows how to reprogram radios? I’ve swapped in a NAV radio into my 2009 and need to clear the loud chime issue, everything else works, it was off the shelf new unlocked from GM. I‘ve read lots of posts about it and know what needs to be input, but need someone with the SPS equipment. My dealer in Barrie looked at me like I had 2 heads when I asked him to do it.
Thanks,
Jay
Read the posts in this thread link.
Read all of them. .. . but I think posts #6 and #21 may help. . . . if you can give that info to a competent dealer service department or a service shop with a Tech II programmer.
One key item is to select the right part number for the new radio. One is with the rear seat entertainment and one is without.

ACADIA SLT 2008: NAV RADIO ISSUES - chimes and turn very...

You could also FIRST try either of the two options in this - - -
https://www.justanswer.com/gm/5t1lv-adjust-volume-chimes-turn-signal.html

Does your GMC Acadia have the DIC (driver's information center screen above steering column) ?

If so, then do the following:

CHIME VOLUME
This feature allows you to select the volume level of the chime.

Press the customization button until CHIME VOLUME appears on the DIC display. Press the set/reset button to access the settings for this feature. Then press the customization button to scroll through the following choices:

NORMAL (default): The chime volume will be set to a normal level.

LOUD: The chime volume will be set to a loud level.

NO CHANGE: No change will be made to this feature. The current setting will remain.

Select one of the available choices and press the set/reset button while it is displayed on the DIC to select it.

If yours doesnt have the DIC, then it will need to be adjusted with a factory level scan tool by the dealer - 1/2hr labor charge for this service

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Read the posts in this thread link.
Read all of them. .. . but I think posts #6 and #21 may help. . . . if you can give that info to a competent dealer service department or a service shop with a Tech II programmer.

ACADIA SLT 2008: NAV RADIO ISSUES - chimes and turn very...
Thanks for the reply JayTee,
Ya, as I mentioned, I’ve read lots of forum posts, and know what needs to be done, just need a competent dealer. I’m looking for anyone who may know of a dealer or shop in my area that can help.
Jay

· Registered
3,487 Posts
Thanks for the reply JayTee,
Ya, as I mentioned, I’ve read lots of forum posts, and know what needs to be done, just need a competent dealer. I’m looking for anyone who may know of a dealer or shop in my area that can help.
Jay
Did you try the last list of steps I just added to my post. Sorry . . just added it.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you try the last list of steps I just added to my post. Sorry . . just added it.
Hi, thanks again, yes, unfortunately I’m well beyond that, I’ve read everything there is to find online in this forum and others. I know exactly the steps, software, and selections that need to be made by a tech, I’m just looking for someone that has the equipment that is willing to do it. My dealer is resistant, and I don’t want to pay for hours of labour to a dealer to play around with something that can be done in 10 minutes. I’m just hoping to find a dealer or other near Toronto that knows what they’re doing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts