GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

What is the difference in the standard radio system in the SLE versus the option below? Is it really just the 6-Disc changer? I don't suppose it actually has an upgraded sound to it? I found the standard system in the SLE to not sound that great, and the Bose system in the SLT-1 to be fairly decent. Would this upgrade help get some sound closer to the Bose system in the SLT-1?

RADIO
Audio system, , AM/FM stereo with MP3 compatible 6-disc in-dash CD changer, seek-and-scan, digital clock, auto-tone control, Radio Data System (RDS), speed-compensated volume and TheftLock (US9) $870.00
Thanks much!

·
Registered
284 Posts
No, ACTUALLY, that option of the 6-CD also adds in the same Bose system standard in the SLT models, as well as Auto Climate control.

That's why it's $900. The full Bose system, etc.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
caddycruiser said:
I hope you are right, that is why I was asking. I couldn't see out a 6-disc changer was worth that kind of cash. Do you have any way of confirming this? As you can see from the quote I included from the GMC build site, it doesn't mention anything about the Bose system.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Old Timer said:
... I didn't want the leather seats.

Pat
I like all the stuff that comes with the SLT-1, but I could care less about leather myself (as well as the $$$$ associated with the leather). I really wish car companies would stop assuming you want leather if you want some of the other upgrades. It would be nice if leather were just an option.

Sorry, back on topic... Anybody have anything definitive about the radio upgrade?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Old Timer said:
... Use the Aux option & hook in your own Ipod. ....
That doesn't fix the quality of the sound system, it just addresses the content of what you play through the sound system. In terms of my question here, I'm interested in the quality as opposed to the content. ;)

Thanks,
K

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have the radio upgrade package in my SLE and it is as Caddycruiser describes - the 6 disk player, full Bose sound system, and the dual control automatic climate control system with rear seat a/c controls as well. In my opinion it's a tremendous bargain!

I happen to like the clean, crisp Bose sound, but some folks prefer a boombox style bass that really thumps. Bose doesn't do that (listen to a Bose system in most any electronics store and see), so if that is what you are looking for skip this option and install an aftermarket system.

·
Registered
251 Posts
caddycruiser said:
No, ACTUALLY, that option of the 6-CD also adds in the same Bose system standard in the SLT models, as well as Auto Climate control.

Agreed. I have an 07 SLE with the upgraded audio. It was packaged together as follows:

6 Disc Changer
Bose Sound
Auto-Climate Controls

It was listed this way on the sticker and I distinctly remember being surprised when I saw it, because the package option was nowhere to be found in the "Build Your Own GMC" feature.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the confirmation all. That is great news!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yes, exactly as described.

However, unlike what someone asked above, it does NOT also include the full DIC (driver information center)...that's an SLT feature, only, at least from the factory.

·
Registered
251 Posts
caddycruiser said:
Yes, exactly as described.

However, unlike what someone asked above, it does NOT also include the full DIC (driver information center)...that's an SLT feature, only, at least from the factory.
This is also true. Fortunately, this wasn't a problem for me. I had a DIC in the Impala I owned previous to the Acadia. IMHO, the feature is highly overrated.

But then again, I know a lot of people feel that way about Bose. It seems these days people are more inclined to enjoy a rolling earth shaker. But I am not among them. I prefer the clean and crisp sound Bose provides. ::)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just to follow up with confirmation of what you guys have already confirmed... :cheers:

I found the following on the Edmunds.com website that explains the options:

edmunds.com said:
AM/FM Radio w/In-Dash 6-Disc CD Changer
Includes AM/FM radio with MP3 compatible in-dash 6-disc CD changer, Radio Data System (RDS), digital clock, seek-and-scan, auto-tone control, speed-compensated volume, auxiliary input jack, TheftLock, Bose premium 10-speaker audio system and tri-zone automatic climate control.
Thanks again to everybody for the info. This forum has been a great help in helping to decide on an Acadia and how I want it configured. I think I'm putting in my order tomorrow. :thumb:

Thanks,
K

·
Registered
251 Posts
Kloogee said:
Just to follow up with confirmation of what you guys have already confirmed... :cheers:

I found the following on the Edmunds.com website that explains the options:

edmunds.com said:
AM/FM Radio w/In-Dash 6-Disc CD Changer
Includes AM/FM radio with MP3 compatible in-dash 6-disc CD changer, Radio Data System (RDS), digital clock, seek-and-scan, auto-tone control, speed-compensated volume, auxiliary input jack, TheftLock, Bose premium 10-speaker audio system and tri-zone automatic climate control.
Thanks again to everybody for the info. This forum has been a great help in helping to decide on an Acadia and how I want it configured. I think I'm putting in my order tomorrow. :thumb:

Thanks,
K
That's great!! Good Luck!!

·
Registered
362 Posts
speleos said:
Does anyone have a factory-installed 6-disk changer that automatically advances to the next disk when the previous one is finished playing? Mine does not do that. GMC says it's "normal." I've received so many different answers from other people that I'm thorouhly confused now. They think I'm a dummy but I worked in both Chevy and Cadillac service departments when they started adding toys like this to their factory-options. Am I being flim-flammed or what? :banghead:
If that's true, it would be the first CD changer (I've owned quite a lot of them) that work this way. All of the ones I've used always advance to the next disc.

·
Registered
251 Posts
speleos said:
Does anyone have a factory-installed 6-disk changer that automatically advances to the next disk when the previous one is finished playing? Mine does not do that. GMC says it's "normal." I've received so many different answers from other people that I'm thorouhly confused now. They think I'm a dummy but I worked in both Chevy and Cadillac service departments when they started adding toys like this to their factory-options. Am I being flim-flammed or what? :banghead:
Mine advances to the next disc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts