GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Great forum!!!

We saw 2 new red Acadia's this week in town. Look very nice and the size capacity is what we want. Looking to move from a very nice 2005 Pilot with everything except the Nav. Will Acadia be too much $ ? We'll have to see in January when the Honda lease is ended.

Questions-

1) Does the DVD standard factory install (center monitor, and not the headrest set up), have the DVD disc load in front?

2) Does the standard DVD install have a small screen up front, like what the NAV unit provides?

3) Does the standard DVD install have all controls for DVD playiong up front and in back?

4) Does the NAV unit screen also provide all your radio and other system info?

5) Has anyone splurged on those fancy headrest DVD units?? :D

Also, can anyone point me too a place that has lots of photos of the different radio and dash control setup options?

Thanks,

DE

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
PS (from poster) deno

Can you get the DVD and Nav together? If so, how many disc slots do you get?

DE

·
Registered
119 Posts
1) Yes, it loads in front

2) The DVD screen is 8", while the NAV screen is 7", IIRC

4) Yes, but not for the DIC, which is provided on the screen on the dashboard

Deno,
You can get DVD and NAV together, but you get only 1 disc slot for one disc (the NAV maps are on a separate disc behind the screen). If you get the DVD, but not the NAV, you get 1 CD slot, and 1 separate DVD slot.

HTH!

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
2) If you get only the DVD (no NAV), then there's no screen up front. jonv's dimensions are correct.

3) Yes, duplicate controls for almost everything in front and back. The exception that comes to mind is actual fast forward and rewind. Those functions only exist on the remote, AFAIK (although the chapter fwd and back are up front - on the steering wheel). NOw that I think about it, I wonder if clicking and holding the chapter jump buttons would do FF and RW..? I'll try it...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts