GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting issue with the Acadia tonight.

Got in to wait while the wife finished some shopping, decided to listen to some tunes. Played the CD that was already in there (real music CD), and it sounded horrible. Very distorted, tinny, etc. The funky thing was; none of the EQ settings did anything. Changing any of the bass / mid / treble or preset EQ settings had zero effect on anything.

Did a key cycle (turn off, open door to shut off CD player, restart) and everything was fine.

The electrical gremlins that are starting to pop up are really beginning to disturb me.

Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Not on the Acadia. That sounds like a cntr-alt-del. Hopefully you will never see that again!!

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
toasteroven said:
The electrical gremlins that are starting to pop up are really beginning to disturb me.

Anyone else experience this?
Can't say that I have. I don't see the Dual Sunroof option in your Sig, but I ask anyway, have you had any water leaks?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SLE - no sunroof, no water leaks.

Being a Network Administrator, the whole "Ctl-Alt-Del" made me chuckle GAR; hadn't even thought of it that way. :)

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
There are no TSBs that deal with that specific issue. However, several of the issues that the radios do have apparently are fixed by reprogramming the radio, so GAR's comment may not be that far off. **** computers. ;D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2008 Acadia and I started having the same problem... Eventually the radio would start acting funny, like only the back speaker would work and not the front door speaker, or jus the right front door speaker would work and not the back speaker. It would also affect my backing up proximity sensor. When the radio would act up I would not have those back up proximity sensor. Now they work when ever they want to and it is either the back speakers... the front speakers and sometimes all four speaker. I took it to the dealership and they try telling me that my speaker (all speakers) were blown... Yet a week later they would work fine. I am about to replace all speaker and see if the problem is fixed... other wise I am writing to GMC Manufacture.

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
I can understand the frustrations you might be experiencing from your concerns with your head unit in your Acadia. I would like to advise to have the dealership diagnose your concerns before digging into this yourself. If you would like to provide me with more details about your concerns, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please, send me a private message with the VIN.

Michelle, GMC Customer Service

1 - 7 of 7 Posts