GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somtimes when I use my remote start my radio will come on and other times it will not come on. Is anybody else having this problem and I have taken it to the dealer and of course they can't duplicate the problem so they say can't fix it. :help:

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I'm not sure I fully understand. Do you mean that when it is remote started, before you put the key in, sometimes you can turn your radio on and listen, and other times you cannot? Or does the radio, that was off, just somehow turn itself on? Or something else? If you detail out the exact scenario I would be happy to see if I can duplicated it with mine as I do use remote start almost every time I get in the car.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I noticed with my remote start, that if I open a rear passenger door first, the radio comes on until the driver's door is opened.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Without the key being in the ignition and before I even get in the car the radio has been on. I have noticed only when I am in the second cycle of the remote start. It has not happened every time, maybe 4 or 5 times since I got my Outlook last June. It is wierd but I know what aajakt is talking about.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I use my remote start almost every day. Radio has never come on - just the heated seats and the heater.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have noticed the same thing a handful of times as well, but have never figured out why it sometimes is mysteriously on when I get up to the vehicle. Most of the time I probably wouldn't notice it, but a couple of times I left the volume up a little bit louder than I probably should have and you could distinctly hear a little bit of the music when walking up to the vehicle. I also noticed it a couple of other times when I had remote started and then was getting my boys loaded up into the back seats.

Of course as soon as I open the driver's door, then it shuts off until I put the key in the ignition and "turn on" the car.

I haven't been too worried about it, so I haven't taken it into the dealer. When I'm in for the next (actually 1st) service, I'll make sure and mention it. But I'm sure I'll get the same response as noted above that they can't reproduce it.

·
Registered
381 Posts
My experience is the same as Hunt's. I use remote start every day. Radio has only turned on after key has been turned in the ignition.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GAR I use my remote alot and the radio comes on before I get in the car. I can walk up to the car and hear the radio but it goes off as soon as I open the door and then I have to put the key in to have the radio come back on

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
aajakt said:
GAR I use my remote alot and the radio comes on before I get in the car. I can walk up to the car and hear the radio but it goes off as soon as I open the door and then I have to put the key in to have the radio come back on
I am assuming that you have your radio on when you turn off your car. Correct?? I very rarely have the radio on in my car so I will begin turning it on with the volume up before I get out and then see how it acts.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes I have my radio on. And when I take the key out it is still on till I open the door and then it shuts off

·
Registered
130 Posts
I always leave my radio on as well - goes off when I open the door. I tested it again today - doesn't come on with remote start.
Not that it would matter, anyway :-\

·
Registered
635 Posts
Remote started today - radio came on until I opened the driver door. I let it go for the ten minutes, when I remote started it again, radio came on again.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Might need some clarification to solve:

I have a loaded Acadia, Nav/DVD.

Remote start does NOT turn on radio. All attempts to turn on radio while remote started go for naught. Key in ignition and turned, radio turns on. Key removed from ignition, driver door open, radio off. I do know that if one exits from the passenger door (not driver side) the radio stays on. For how long, I do not know. If it finally does shut off, I wonder if that would set the radio to turn on when remote started (ie it never got the OFF signal from the driver side door).

Now, the mythical remote FOB is supposed to be able to set radio station prior to entry so I wonder if somehow, a setting gets established to have radio on with remote start. I don't believe it's a setup function on the DIC.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts