GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 2008 SLT2 for about 3 weeks now and love it. I'm hoping someone can help me regarding a problem with the Nav radio. I typically listen to an XM station and it is normally on XM when I turn off the vehicle. Often, when I start the vehicle it is on an FM station that I basically never listen to. I've tried everything I can think of to correct this - the book is not very helpful. Yesterday I stopped at the dealer and they re-synchronized the key with the car and then saved my settings. They tested it a few times and said the problem should be solved. This morning, voila!, back on FM. Has anyone else experienced this? I would love suggestions on how to resolve.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not sure I have a fix for you but I have also had the same thing happen. I always listen to XM and sometimes I get back in the vehicle and it is set to my first FM preset. Also, if I am listening to a CD and remove it before I get out of the car it will go back to FM upon startup.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure I have a fix for you but I have also had the same thing happen. I always listen to XM and sometimes I get back in the vehicle and it is set to my first FM preset. Also, if I am listening to a CD and remove it before I get out of the car it will go back to FM upon startup.
Interesting observation. I just checked and, sure enough, that station is the very first preset station (number 1 on screen 1 of the pre-sets). I changed it to be the XM preset that I listen to. Let's see what happens now.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and thanks for identifying an unusual radio "bug". Let us know if the preset #1 function is the default. This will be helpful to our other members that encounter this situation. I'm so overwhelmed w/ all the toys & trying the Scosche Ipod interface on ours that I've not noticed this with the radio.

If you would post your location in your profile and your model information in your signature, this will make it easier for members to help you with questions. The info on how to do so is in the Blues Clues link in my signature.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Blue_2009_SLT2. I appreciate the suggestion and I made some changes. Congrats on your recent purchase!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So this is weird... Based on the comment from dmuranelli, I changed my first preset - the FM station that was giving me problems - to my favorite XM channel. The FM station in question was completely removed from any of the preset buttons. I went to the store and when I came out and started my car again THE FM STATION WAS PLAYING AGAIN!. It is not even in the presets anymore. I think I need to name the car Christine. When I changed the preset earlier, I did not hit the button on the door to save settings to the key. I did do that now but I am not confident it will solve the problem.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Having read this thread, when we went out in the Acadia tonight, I noticed when it was started, it was on XM & there was no XM signal (or a message to that effect). Our #1 preset is an FM station, so our vehicle is not doing what the others are. The radio is the nav unit w/o DVD.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got in the Acadia 3 times today. 2 of the 3 times, the radio changed to the FM station in question rather than staying on the XM channel I had set. I had deleted the particular FM station from the favorites list but it still seems to like to go there. Unless the radio is faulty, I've concluded that this problem cannot be corrected. I did learn something though. When the radio is on, press the "Audio" button then, if the radio is not already there, press the FM tab. The button in the middle of the screen will say "All". Press that and the radio will scan for FM stations within range and then show a list by genre and by station number. You can select any station number on the list and then the little dot next to it will show that it is selected. I found that the FM station that was giving me the problem was already selected. I could not turn off the selection so I chose one that I like better. I got out of that menu. I found that if I started pressing the Audio button multiple times, the radio would toggle between my favorite XM station (which is selected on a list similar to the FM list) and the new FM station that I selected. Long story short, I assume the problem with the radio mysteriously switching to FM will continue but I expect it will now go to the new station I selected. I've found this problem is most irritating when one is out of range of the FM station in question. Turn on the car and all you can hear is static until the radio display finally comes up on the screen, enabling you to change stations.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Radio program w/ key fob????

I cannot figure this out for the life of me...
Here's the situation...

When I use remote 1, the stereo always goes to a random FM station that is not in any presets.
We don't even have any FM stations pre-programmed.
I have reset the seats and the remotes and this still happens.

any suggestions/thoughts????

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Re: Radio program w/ key fob????

I would definitely take it in and have it looked at. That is not normal.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Radio program w/ key fob????

This sounds like the same problem I have been having. http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=4589.0 The radio scans for local FM stations. You can pull up the list of scanned stations and I'll bet the "random" station is the first one on that list - that's what mine does, it goes to the very first station on the scan list. For a while, mine changed almost every time I started the vehicle regardless of whether I used the remote or not. Now it does it about once a week. I called the dealer. They said I would have to bring it in for a full day for them to look at it. They said it may not be the radio but some other electronic issue. I have not taken it in yet. If you get it resolved, please post with the solution and I will do the same.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts