GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We took our 2007 Acadia SLT2 to the dealership for warranty work and while there, they told us they updated the radio software. Everything was fine for a week, but now the "Menu" button and the 2nd & 3rd memory buttons (there are 6 total) won't work at all. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

·
Registered
6 Posts
hhtiger said:
We took our 2007 Acadia SLT2 to the dealership for warranty work and while there, they told us they updated the radio software. Everything was fine for a week, but now the "Menu" button and the 2nd & 3rd memory buttons (there are 6 total) won't work at all. Has anyone else encountered this problem?
i have same problem with my acadia 2008 SLE ??

r u fixed it ??

·
Registered
154 Posts
My nav radio (w/o DVD) will skip XM presets when I use the steering wheel controls. Not all the XM presets. Just a few. Not the same XM presets each time. Doesn't happen every time. When it does, I have to restart to car to clear it up. I've moved the XM stations around on the favorites list. Selected different XM stations as presets. Still occasionally happens. Also, when it skips an XM preset and I use the voice command, e.g., Radio select xx XM, I get a voice response "That command is not available at this time." If I press the XM preset that gets skipped, the nav radio changes to that station with no problem. It doesn’t happen with AM or FM presets.

Well it happens enough, I decided to take it in. I waited for when the problem was present and took it to my local Saturn dealer to show the service manager. I didn't want to take it in when it wasn’t showing the problem and have then think I was crazy. He scheduled a diagnostic appointment for today.

Well it took an hour to diagnose the problem plus a wash the car. I had some popcorn and checked out the 09 Outlooks. The remedy is that I need a nav radio software upgrade. They had to order the software upgrade DVD. No USB ports to download the software you know. The service manager said I was the first to every report this problem and that’s why they didn’t have the upgrade DVD on hand. So I have to take it back in 1 to 2 weeks.

On the way home, I checked the software version on my nav radio. It’s version 100E C027210 05-11-11 v11.23.

Does anyone know what the latest should be?

(Adding a clarification. It's the soft radio buttons on the favorites menu on the bottom of the display. Not the hard buttons on either side of the display.)

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Tim said:
On the way home,  I checked the software version on my nav radio.  It’s version 100E C027210 05-11-11 v11.23.

Does anyone know what the latest should be?
Tim, this is what I could find for your radio software info:

Navigation Radio Software Update For All Other Vehicles
Start the engine, with the gear shift in PARK, wait until the audio or navigation screen is displayed after the opening screen (you may have the press the OK button on the Caution screen).

Proceed to the FM audio screen and confirm the current navigation software version by pressing the MENU and SEEK UP (1) buttons simultaneously. If the screen switches, select FM to display the software version. Performing this operation may take a couple of attempts for the radio to detect the simultaneous button press. Refer to the illustration above, which shows the two buttons that need to be pressed. The navigation software version is the first four characters, reading from the left, located in the middle of the screen.

If the navigation software version is 101B or 100F, the radio has the latest navigation software available and no update is necessary.

So it looks like there is an available update from your software (100E).

·
Registered
154 Posts
navigation software version is 101B or 100F
GeoHawk, Thanks for finding this for me. I'll report back as to which version I get. Could the difference be that one is for the nav radio w/DVD and the other for the nav radio w/o DVD?

Now if only we could get a software update to remove the feature that disables screen input while you're driving!

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Thanks for the info Geo. I checked our 8/25 built Acadia and it was version 101A. We have the nav radio w/o DVD.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Tim said:
navigation software version is 101B or 100F
GeoHawk, Thanks for finding this for me. I'll report back as to which version I get. Could the difference be that one is for the nav radio w/DVD and the other for the nav radio w/o DVD?

Now if only we could get a software update to remove the feature that disables screen input while you're driving!
The tech document doesn't differentiate between DVD and non-DVD, so I can't tell what the difference is in the two versions. Kinda odd.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having a similar problem with my '08, and it is equipped with nav and dvd. When you use the steering wheel seek button up, it will go between 3 preset stations, 2 of which aren't even on the same page as the other. When you use the down button it goes between 2 of the 3. It's very odd, especially since it just started doing it all of a sudden! I believe our nav disc is the original. How do you update the system? Simply replace the disc? How often do they update the discs so I know I will be getting the most current version?

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
Dear aaronwassilak,

I have read your post about your navigation unit. If you are seeking information about updating the map information in your navigation unit for your vehicle, you will want to contact; Navigation Disc Center at 1-877-NAV-DISC (628-3472).

If you are seeking other upgrade information for you radio, I would talk with your service department about this specific information.

Michelle, GMC Customer Service

·
Registered
946 Posts
I believe that the latest update was in January of 2011.
I have a 2010 so I didn't update this time around.

I was told that they update about every 2 years.

If you can get the NAV DVD out of your unit, it should have the version number on it.
Then I would call The Navigation Disc Center and confirm that it is a higher version number.
They should be able to tell you when the version you have was published and when the newest version was published.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
8,598 Posts
aaronwassilak said:
How do you update the system? Simply replace the disc? How often do they update the discs so I know I will be getting the most current version?
Theyre updated every year (according to this site).
But you can get the GM discs here.

http://www.gmnavdisc.com/

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a 2008 SLT and my 2nd and 3rd buttons stop working every once in a while. Can't even switch or change cd's when this happens. ??? Then out of the clear blue it starts working. (6 cd changer non-nav. system)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had the same problems with the non-sequential advances of XM radio favorite presets, when the steering wheel controls were used (in my case, the second and fourth favorite presets were skipped, and the individual stored radio stations within each favorite preset were skipped in an apparent random manner).

After four trips to the dealer for service on this issue, and a slightly heated discussion with the general manager of the dealership, the techs gave the problem a serious all-day examination. The solution was relatively simple, once diagnosed correctly. The nav radio had to be reprogrammed according to GM document PIC5464 (a known issue since May 1, 2011).

When XM reprogrammed its station lineup in May 2011, most GM navigation systems accepted the reprogramming without problems (e.g., the nav radio on my 2010 GMC Sierra truck accepted the changes without problems). However, some GM nav systems had problems with the reprogramming of the XM radio stations, which resulted in the skipping of radio station presets. After the techs reprogrammed my nav radio to accept the new XM radio programming format, everything works fine: the steering wheel radio buttons correctly advance and reverse the XM radio favorite presets . 8)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts