GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why does this car I'm looking at have a R7M Vehicle Invoice Credit listed on its build sheet?

2021 Acadia at4 in Alberta

And how does Invoice Pricing work in the most general terminology?

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Why does this car I'm looking at have a R7M Vehicle Invoice Credit listed on its build sheet?

2021 Acadia at4 in Alberta

And how does Invoice Pricing work in the most general terminology?
"Invoice Price" throughout the years. . . is purportedly the price a dealer pays GMC, Chevrolet, Buick .. . etc for the vehicle.
In addition to that, there were things like "Dealer Hold Back" and , at times, occasional incentives to the Dealer and credits for a number of things, similar to customer rebates, cash incentives, private offers, Bonus Cash. .. etc.

Here is an example and info off the web:
What Is Dealer Holdback? on Edmunds.com

https://pictures.dealer.com/petersenpontiacbuickgmctc/bf61db1c0a0d0279006742d099f57193.pdf

·
Super Moderator
22,413 Posts
I couldn't find anything which clearly defines R7M Vehicle Invoice Credit (and I drilled down fairly deep through my search results). I did notice that every sheet I viewed like the one posted above has that item listed. It probably has little or nothing to do with what you'd be paying for a vehicle. You'll see some great buying guides on the 'net which show you how to negotiate a deal based on dealer invoice, type of financing you'll have, etc. You can use the code and description as your keywords, or something like "car buying guide" to find them. I'd suggest browsing through a few to educate yourself before you "sign zee papers, old man." lol

Reactions: Erickson6111
1 - 3 of 3 Posts