GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A teenager scraped his car along the body of my Acadia (while I was in it!!) Thankfully I was fine and there are only white marks on my doors. I took it to my auto body guy who said he could buff it out....my question...shoould I take it instead to my dealer or is ok to take to the auto shop??? I lease it and am not sure what would be best for my Acadia.

Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
Whew... from the title I thought you were looking for the culprit on this forum expecting a confession! :confused:

I would probably trust a reputable body shop as much or more than most dealers. My dealer farms out all of his work to a local shop anyway.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply!!!! My title is prob scared people off. Funny enough the kid's father has an Acadia so he felt my pain!

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you trust the body shop go with them. Most dealers do farm out that work to other body shops. I had $9,000 damage to my Acadia back in December when a guy pulled out in front of me. Took it to the body shop and they were wonderful - you would never know it was in any kind of accident.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Another, as everyone has said...quality body shop, because though some dealers have proper shops, a lot of it gets farmed out and they're not the expert on everything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts