GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that went the route of doing a factory order on an Acadia, were you required to put down a deposit? Secondly, what was the amount of the deposit and was it non-refundable?

I spoke with a local GMC dealer (Houston metro) who said that I would have to put down a $1000 "non-refundable" deposit to initiate a factory order on an Acadia.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was asked how much I wanted to put down and I put down $500. Never talked about the refundable piece... I was determined to get my Acadia. I was also on the GMS employee purchase program, so it made things a bit easier.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Drumr said:
I was asked how much I wanted to put down and I put down $500. Never talked about the refundable piece... I was determined to get my Acadia. I was also on the GMS employee purchase program, so it made things a bit easier.
Thanks Drumr. I have an option to go the GMS path, but I was saving that as an "ace in the hole" if I was unable to get a better deal doing a straight negotiation.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Most require it, but some others don't or are at least quite lenient. Usually, if it's a bit of an unordinary equipment/color combo, they'll for sure make you, and most other times they'll just make you to ensure that you're serious and ready and willing to sign when it arrives. And there still remain places where no deposit is needed--albeit rare--and they just treat your order as any other vehicle they'd have coming to the lot, and if you back out in the end, put it right on the lot and be fine with it.

$1000 non-refundable seems a bit steep, but also like a dealer who really doesn't want to get stuck with a special ordered vehicle if you happen to back out. Or, could just be common practice. If the current agreed upon selling price is to your liking, should be no problem at all though, and your deposit is just a nice little down payment.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
caddycruiser said:
$1000 non-refundable seems a bit steep, .............
That's what I was thinking as well. Maybe they don't think that a Carbon Metallic SLT-1 with brick interior will sell (that is if I changed my mind ;) ). Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
185 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Which dealer in Houston? My dealer had a $500 deposit. We didn't discuss refundable or not, but when my Acadia came in, they handed me back my check.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mckcab said:
Which dealer in Houston? My dealer had a $500 deposit. We didn't discuss refundable or not, but when my Acadia came in, they handed me back my check.
David Taylor Cadillac, Pontiac, GMC. ::)

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
That's who I used. They only wanted $500 from me and held the check. I would say, they were a very good dealer and seemed to give a good deal. They lost $$$$ on my trade in!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mckcab said:
That's who I used. They only wanted $500 from me and held the check. I would say, they were a very good dealer and seemed to give a good deal. They lost $$$$ on my trade in!!!
Mckcab,

Just curious. Did you check with other metro dealers or just went with David Taylor? I assume you're in SW (Sienna). I live in Stafford, so DT is the closest dealer. I have talked with Beck and Masten GMC (FM 1960), but they did not give me a sweet enough offer to drive that far.

Based upon you're experience, would you recommend David Taylor? If so, is there a certain salesperson that I might try to work with?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I worked with Tiffany. She didn't give us the run around. They gave us a good deal and then an excellent deal on my trade in. We looked at SEVERAL dealers. The one by the Astrodome didn't know anything about the car and the one in Alvin only had Acadia's that people had driven. That sales guy knew the most, but I had a hard time thinking of buying a car that had trash all inside it.

David Taylor will also order a car and call it "sold". It really helped get the car in on time. It was EXACTLY 6 weeks. They were also easy when it came to add ons, no pressure.

Yes, I live in SW Houston. Sienna Texas, the middle of no where!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mckcab said:
I worked with Tiffany. She didn't give us the run around. They gave us a good deal and then an excellent deal on my trade in. We looked at SEVERAL dealers. The one by the Astrodome didn't know anything about the car and the one in Alvin only had Acadia's that people had driven. That sales guy knew the most, but I had a hard time thinking of buying a car that had trash all inside it.

David Taylor will also order a car and call it "sold". It really helped get the car in on time. It was EXACTLY 6 weeks. They were also easy when it came to add ons, no pressure.

Yes, I live in SW Houston. Sienna Texas, the middle of no where!!
Thanks mckcab. I guess I'll give David Taylor a try. I've been talking to a guy named Carlos thus far.

Btw, at least I see that there is finally some commercial construction going on in "at the front" of Sienna. I'm sure it will be nice once much of it is completed. ;)

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
If it were only a grocery store! ;D I think it is another bank, nail salon and dry cleaner. We can all look good, we just can't eat!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts