GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the Preferred Pkg on my 2008 SLE Acadia - If you have a 2008 and also ordered this package (I ordered it for the power seats) do you have audio controls on your steering wheel with just the base radio? Below is a copy of the Preferred Pkg from the GM website. I noticed on the 2007 SLE it did not say "redundant audio controls". Just curious. Hopefully it will be here in two week and I'll be able to see for myself.

PREFERRED PKG
Preferred Package, includes (AG1) 6-way power driver seat, (AG2) 2-way power front passenger seat and (NP5) leather-wrapped steering wheel with redundant audio controls (PCM)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stiffi said:
I test drove a 2008 SLE with the preferred package and it did have the steering wheel audio controls.
:blob: That is awesome. Something I wasn't expecting. Kind of like finding out it came with remote start with the rear park assist. The rear park assist was something that was a must have for me. I have it in my Montana and love it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yes, it was a change they made to the Preferred package a few months into the 2008 model year. SO, you can actually find 2008 SLE's with the Preferred package but no leather wheel or audio controls, which were made before the option package change.

It's a good thing, as I always wondered why going for an SLE meant things like the leather wheel with controls was stripped, and still wonder why the DIC, dimming mirror, etc. do. Should be like the Yukon/Tahoe where those are just basic items standard on ALL models, regardless of the seat material, but it likely helps keep the price a tad lower.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2008 SLE and ordered the Preferred Package. You get a leather wrapped steering wheel with redundant audio controls. It is great and I absolutely LOVE having the steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Mrs. G said:
I have a 2008 SLE and ordered the Preferred Package. You get a leather wrapped steering wheel with redundant audio controls. It is great and I absolutely LOVE having the steering wheel controls.
Good thing you got one AFTER the change then, or they wouldn't be in there :thumb:

Our Suburban has them too, and it's one of those things you never know how much you like/use until you have them--and the leather wheel just feels better, too.

I have a feeling this was based on customer feedback, with neither the Acadia SLE or Outlook XE having anything but the standard plastic wheel with cruise controls, and that's it, until the new option change.

·
Registered
275 Posts
No steering wheel controls or leather trim on it for me. Early adapters get the shaft. ::)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
toasteroven said:
No steering wheel controls or leather trim on it for me. Early adapters get the shaft. ::)
Yes, I was excited to hear about the change. Wasn't expecting it as what I had looked at on line - 2007 model.

·
Registered
246 Posts
toasteroven said:
Yep. I got shafted the same way on my 2006 Pontiac Torrent, which is why I waited till
the 08 Acadias were in production before ordering mine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

I got the platic steering wheel on my 07 FWD Acadia and want to update to the better leather steering wheel with control as my old envoy slt had. Can someone advise if I can purchase this afterwards. thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
22,026 Posts
Hi,

I have an '07 SLT-2 with almost everything. What can I paint, remove, bend, fold spindle or mutilate to turn it into an SLE?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts