GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'm very much in the market for a 2008 Acadia. I have seen some info that states the navigation has voice activated commands if purchased with the Rear Entertainment System. Can anyone clarify that please? What kind of commands are available with voice activation? Is this only if you have purchased the rear entertainment? Is it not available with navi only? If so, that seems kinda strange to me. I haven't been able to find anything to confirm. Thanks!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I believe you get the voice features whether you purchase Rear Entertainment or not, but I'm not sure. I believe you can control things such as radio station, CD tracks and stuff like that.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have navigation in my 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix and magicword is correct you do not need the rear seat dvd for the voice commands, but you do need the navigation system itself.

There are many commands that are voice activated on the navigation system itself, too many to list. Some of the more useful ones that I use often are: change between FM,AM, XM pull up nearby restaurants (tell it "I'm Hungry"), navigate me home ("go home"), numerous zoom functions, turn the voice guidance on/off. Turn the screen off at night if my eyes are getting sensitive. This is a small sample. I wouldn't need the voice commands if it did not have them, but I think they are a nice added feature. I always like showing them off whenever someone new gets into my car.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you very much for the info. That does help a lot. Very cool feature. Anyone else have any comments on their use of the voice commands with navi?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts