GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive me if this has been asked and answered, but has anyone else noticed that when you signal for a turn, the DRL on the side of the activated blinker turns off? Is this normal, or does it portend future electrical issues?

Perhaps this is a stupid question, but this is the first vehicle I've owned with DRLs.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
This has been discussed previously and it is a normal operating condition. Actually, I just noticed it on another type of vehicle behind me the other day. The driver had their turn signal on and the light was out on just one side, but came back on after the signal was turned off. I thought it looked rather ridiculous, but it's definitely normal. I wonder what the purpose of this is. It's not like our freakin' headlights turn off at night when a signal is in use. ::) ???

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Web Raven said:
This has been discussed previously and it is a normal operating condition. Actually, I just noticed it on another type of vehicle behind me the other day. The driver had their turn signal on and the light was out on just one side, but came back on after the signal was turned off. I thought it looked rather ridiculous, but it's definitely normal. I wonder what the purpose of this is. It's not like our freakin' headlights turn off at night when a signal is in use. ::) ???
Thanks WR.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
patman75 said:
It is required due to legal spacing requirementsof the Turn Signal to the DRL. Only happens on HID Headlamps.

Do a search on "headlamp" and you will find the old thread in there.

I layout the differences between HID and Halogen in this thread.

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=3240.msg52432;topicseen#new
I don't have HID and I'm pretty sure it also happens on my Acadia... but again, "pretty sure" isn't 100% positive. I'd have to actually go home and check to be positive. :)

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Web Raven said:
patman75 said:
It is required due to legal spacing requirements of the Turn Signal to the DRL. Only happens on HID Headlamps.
I don't have HID and I'm pretty sure it also happens on my Acadia... but again, "pretty sure" isn't 100% positive. I'd have to actually go home and check to be positive. :)
I recently read that it is bad form to reply to your own posts... but I have an update. When I pull into my driveway, my Acadia is reflected in the dining room windows. So I turned on my signal, both directions, and sure enough, the DRLs stay perfectly lit.

I learn something new every day. Thanks! :thumb:

·
Registered
533 Posts
"I recently read that it is bad form to reply to your own posts... but I have an update. ".........

RAV - you have a special exemption from this rule ;)

Smooth <><[/color]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts