GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious what problems and/or quality control items folks have discovered with their Acadia after delivery. I've read of some rattles and a few other items. In my case, my driver's side front parking light bulb was not in its socket. It was merely laying inside the headlight housing. In addition, my 3rd row seat belt "teather" was missing completely. There was just a hole in the plastic where it should have been inserted. I consider both of these items to be minor, but none the less require a trip back to the dealer. I'm sure they will have to order the seat belt teather, which means another trip back to the dealer. Fortunately my dealer is not too far away.

What have you found "wrong" with yours after delivery?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had two items that needed addressing:

1. The airbag 'plug' on the front passenger handle (the one just above eyeleve between the door and the windshield) wasn't properly seated.

2. The rear cover on the driver side roof rack was busted inside (little plastic tab had been busted off) and could easily slide off.

Both of these were taken care of promptly by my dealer.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
The plastic part around the steering wheel is not joined. You really can't see it unless you really look. I'll have them fix it when I take it in to give them the title to my old car. It was the only thing and it is very minor- it doesn't even rattle!

·
Registered
161 Posts
My drivers side seatbelt clip (the steel piece that you grab and latch next to your right hip) was put on by the factory incorrectly...it was installed in the opposite direction it should have been. When you put it on the seat belt had a twist in it.

I pointed this out to the dealership salesman and he made sure the service dept took care of this while I was signing paperwork (10 minutes). It was fixed perfectly.

Edit: And I have not been back to the dealership since! LOVE THAT ACADIA!

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
I have had my Acadia about 1 month now and (knock wood) have not found any issues. I did have one issue the other day when it was very cold. The steering wheel squeeked when turned (sounded like the plastic housing was rubbing). It didn't last long. It went away as soon as it warmed slightly.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Re: Quality Control /Fit Issue

Don't know why I only noticed this after about 3 weeks, but I've noticed a 'fit & finish' issue with both the driver's side door and the driver side rear quarter panel:

The narrow 'chrome' trim piece at the top of the door (bottom of window) does not line up with the passenger door trim, same side. It's lower by almost 1/8". The rear quarter has an alignment gap with the rear door that is noticeably different than the same panel opposite.

Is it coincidental that both fit issues are on the same side? Makes me curious as to what day of the week my Acadia was built! I'm going to take this issue up with the dealer when I return from a planned trip this weekend. What can be done about this by either the dealer or GM? Anyone else had this type of problem before (or now)?

·
Registered
261 Posts

NNJSteve said:
Don't know why I only noticed this after about 3 weeks, but I've noticed a 'fit & finish' issue with both the driver's side door and the driver side rear quarter panel:

The narrow 'chrome' trim piece at the top of the door (bottom of window) does not line up with the passenger door trim, same side. It's lower by almost 1/8". The rear quarter has an alignment gap with the rear door that is noticeably different than the same panel opposite.

Is it coincidental that both fit issues are on the same side? Makes me curious as to what day of the week my Acadia was built! I'm going to take this issue up with the dealer when I return from a planned trip this weekend. What can be done about this by either the dealer or GM? Anyone else had this type of problem before (or now)?
I have the same thing with the rear quarter panel. There is an alignment gap just under the tail light. Looks like about 1/8 to 1/4 inch. I'm deciding how to handle it. Also, on the 2nd row passenger door, the chrome strip just below the window rattles. Very noticeable if you touch it. The dealer told me its normal but I'm not sure about that.

·
Registered
59 Posts

luvmyacadia said:
NNJSteve said:

I have the same thing with the rear quarter panel. There is an alignment gap just under the tail light. Looks like about 1/8 to 1/4 inch. I'm deciding how to handle it. Also, on the 2nd row passenger door, the chrome strip just below the window rattles. Very noticeable if you touch it. The dealer told me its normal but I'm not sure about that.
We should check VIN's to see if they were both built on or about the same time?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went the the service department today to get my parking light bulb reinstalled (it was just laying inside the headlight housing). After about a half hour the service manager told me that they'll need to remove the front bumper in order to remove the headlight housing to get the bulb out, and that will have to be done by the body shop! Go figure. I have no idea, but I can't imagine having to remove the bumper just to replace a bulb. I was thinking on the way home that maybe that's what they'll need to do to retrieve the bulb that's laying in there. I certainly hope that you don't need to remove the bumper just to replace a burned out bulb. I'm not done with this yet. tomorrow could be investigation day.

anyone else have to replace a headlight, turn signal, or parking light bulb yet?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the saga continues. yesterday I spent about an hour taking some things apart under the hood to see if I could get access to the parking light bulb. bottom line, I couldn't do it. I could get my hand and arm in there, and in fact was able to reach the turn signal connection, but couldn't get in far enough to reach the parking light. So today I called the body shop. After explaining to two people what my issue was, they said they needed to do some homework and get back to me because they didn't have a "database" on the Acadia. I told them to go talk to the Service Manager, because they tried for a half hour Saturday. I also told him to go look at one on the lot, and get back to me whenever they know for sure how to get that pesky little parking light bulb back into its socket!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've had mine for 10 days now and have (knock on wood) absolutely nothing wrong with the Acadia. Absolutely perfect so far.

:blob: :blob:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Bill in PA said:
the saga continues. yesterday I spent about an hour taking some things apart under the hood to see if I could get access to the parking light bulb. bottom line, I couldn't do it. I could get my hand and arm in there, and in fact was able to reach the turn signal connection, but couldn't get in far enough to reach the parking light. So today I called the body shop. After explaining to two people what my issue was, they said they needed to do some homework and get back to me because they didn't have a "database" on the Acadia. I told them to go talk to the Service Manager, because they tried for a half hour Saturday. I also told him to go look at one on the lot, and get back to me whenever they know for sure how to get that pesky little parking light bulb back into its socket!
It's getting to be the norm these days. My jetta's front bumper had to come off, to change a dead bulb.

·
Registered
956 Posts
The body fit on my Acadia is only average. The gap between the left front fender and the hood is not uniform and is different that the right side. The rear hatch is not as good as it could be, but not horrible. The paint quality appears to be good. The engine is gutless. I'm personally disappointed in the car and probably would not buy another one. It is not a bad car, but there are others that have better quality and much better performance in my opinion. It is my wifes car and she likes it, but I avoid driving it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Almost 500 miles on my car and the worst thing I've found so far was that the clock was 3 minutes slow when I picked it up. So I'd say eveyone did a great job.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I must have something majorly wrong with mine! >:D I don't have a leak, all my parts fit perfectly, my HUD is always on (I love that GMC thing it does), no knocks, no paint chipping, tranny seems a little sluggish but I don't have a passing problem, love the hatch and I really enjoy the stereo. I am VERY picky!! We drove the Caddy and with in 5 minutes I showed my husband three things wrong with it. My husband and I have personally never owned a GM car. You should have seen the look on his face when I said I would even consider the GMC. We are the people GM wants, non American car drivers.

We drove from LA to San Fransico in the Lexas SUV and I didn't think it had anything on my Acadia except the cool auto wipers. It didn't get any better MPG and it was cramped with 5 people. All in all I am VERY happy with my choice in cars! :clap:

·
Registered
251 Posts
The seal along the bottom of the windshield is detached from where it meets/surrounds the edge of the A-pillar. :-\ It's going back to the dealer this weekend for a fix.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I had my Acadia back to the dealer today to get the parking light bulb reinstalled back into it's socket. Sure enough, they had to remove the front facia in order to remove the headlight housing. they had the body shop do it. all went well, and it's good as new. now, I only hope those bulbs last forever because I'd hate to have to pay the going rate for all that work just to replace a bulb!

My Acadia is now perfect. I have about 1800 miles on it and all is perfect. no transmission issues, seat issues, or anything else some others have been experiencing. I took a trip to the mountains last weekend and got 24+ mpg.

Life is good. :cheers:

·
Registered
165 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Bill in PA said:
I'm curious what problems and/or quality control items folks have discovered with their Acadia after delivery. I've read of some rattles and a few other items.
Is anyone else hearing a slight rattle sound coming from around the the top of the driver side B-pillar? It is not constant, but mine occassionally sounds like a loose screw is rattling around or clinking up against something in there. Sometimes when I drop the window or open the door and then close again, it stops. Sometimes, it doesn't.

It's particularly annoying given the fact that it's coming from an area right behind my ear. :banghead:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts