1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got the fog light and the low beam head light bulbs from Putco. I wanted the two to match color wise but the head light bulbs give off a bluer light. I've used PIAA bulbs in all my past cars and I think theyare way brighter, but since they don't make H16/9009 bulbs, I had to go with the Putcos. As for installation, taking the tire off, removing the wheel well liner is a pain but it allows for easy access.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, I finally put these PUTCO fog light bulbs in today (finally a dry and warmer - low 50s - weekend day). I got the nitro blue (supposedly a 6000K color temp) and they definitely are about the right color temp I was going for. The pics don't really do them justice and I apologize for not taking a pic "before/after" or with one new bulb/one old bulb, but I hope these pics help. If you have HIDs (I don't) and want your fogs to more closely match the color temp of your headlights, I would highly recommend these. I just wanted a crisper blue-white light to more naturally match the projector beam color of my headlights (plus I plan to upgrade to probably 5000K Extreme HID kits this spring). The OEM Phillips fog light bulbs were just too dull/yellow for me. Other than the costly and involved HID foglight kit (not sure how well the housing/lens would handle the heat - I didn't want to take the chance of damage) or the more expensive LED foglight bulbs (which I still might try one day) I think these are a good compromise. I did the wheel well access method with the tires still on and it really isn't that bad of a job. All I had to do was remove the phillips screws on the front and bottom of the wheel well liner and "peel it back" with the tire turned outward. The headlight bulbs would have required complete removal of the fender liner (and probably the wheel). I did have to break off the little tabs on the OEM bulb housing to get them out, but I don't plan on using them again anyway.

Attachments

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are the shots with the lights on......

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Nice upgrade :thumb:

·
Registered
101 Posts
They look good, great job.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Nice job, looks great. I used the spark white (probably should have used the nitro blue). See my signature below to see which lights I used. :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts