GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm interested in buying an Ebony Second Row Center Console for a 2009 Acadia.

Has anyone ever tried to install a second row center console in an Acadia with the arm rests? I understand that the Acadia's that had the center console factory installed did not have the arm rests. I would like to install the center console, but mine has the fold down arm rests.

Has anyone done this modification?

Thank you,
John

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
John, Welcome to the forum. I have moved/merged/edited your posts to funnel assistance and avoid duplication of your efforts.[/color]

I have yet to hear of anyone installing after purchase the 2nd row console. I have heard several people on here regret getting it, and asking questions about removing it and what the floor will look like. If you do some searching on here for second row console, you should find the conversations. Maybe you could see if anyone has actually removed it, and if they are interested in selling it to you. On that note, I think it will be pretty expensive to get the console from the dealer. I don't know how much, or even what part number you would have to ask for, but looking at www.gmpartsdirect.com (goto the site, select 2008 GMC Acadia, then on the left you will see CONSOLE, then Select rear console) there are several pieces to including wiring harnesses, cigarette plugs and it bolts to the body of the vehicle. The question has been raised before are the brackets added to the floor of the vehicle, and then secured to that or directly to the floor? So I don't know if you would be able to secure it well. Then you would have to remove the armrests on the 2nd row seats, and then have holes in the sides of the seats.
I personally don't know if this is worth it, but good luck if you try it.

Please also update your signature and profile information with vehicle details and your location to assist members with helping you out in the future.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Bonk,

Thank you for the additional info. I had read the posts dealing with removing them and I think you are correct, it probably is just not worth the hassle and money.

Regards,
John

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have just done this to my 2009 Acadia, it's a lot of work but it can be done. What we ordered was the center console, rear trim panel for the center console and a new rear carpet piece. The carpet is molded differently to allow the center console to fit in to the floor. To install the carpet, PN 25907508 Ebony, you need to remove the second row seats, rear cargo handler and third row seats, remove bolts holding second row seat belts to the floor, battery box cover and unbolt the rear two bolts on the two front seats there is also a screw you will see that holds the front set trim piece in place. Tilt the front seats forward just enough to pull out the carpet then pull the whole carpet piece out. Install the new carpet by tucking it under the two front seats and front center console, tuck it under all the side trim piece, I didn't have to remove any side tirm pieces with the exception of the two rear side door center floor pieces. In my 2009 the wire for hooking up the 12V outlet was located in the C piler on the drivers side taped to the wire harness, it even has the clips that hold it to the rear duct. Install both second row captain chairs with the exception of the inner two bolts, these two bolts on both seats hold down the second row center console, also you will need to remove the arm rests. Set the center console in place plug in the wire to the 12V outlet then install the four bolts. Install the trim panel that goes on the rear of the center console PN 20774818 Ebony. When you install the trim pieces around the captain chairs you will have to trim off a piece on the front inside piece to clear the center console, or you could order the trim piece made for a second row center console equiped Acadia, I trimed mine and it came out real well. Then you just need to reinstall third row seats and cargo handler. It took about four to five hours to complete, could have been done quicker but it was hot. There are no additional brackets needed, no extra wire peices needed to hook up 12V outlet, but only the removal of the arm rests is required. If you wanted you could install the center console with out replacing the carpet but it is a little tight and you would still need to fish the wire under the carpet and cut a hole to let the wire through.

·
Super Moderator
22,420 Posts
sett103 said:
I have just done this to my 2009 Acadia...
Pictures! We want Pictures!!! :blob:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry no pictures. I always forget until I'm done. :banghead:
I can get pictures of it completed, but not until the wife gets home.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts