GMC Acadia Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Chevy Traverse AWD, 2006 Cadillac DTS, 2006 Ram Megacab Cummins 4X4
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Just brought home a 2017 Acadia Denali with 39,000 miles on the clock. Clean topside and bottom side.

100 mile drive, as comfortable as my Caddy....now I'll throw some serious miles at it like 650 to 800 per week.

·
Registered
2018 Quicksilver Metallic Jet Black Leather SLT-1 Tow Package
737 Posts
Just brought home a 2017 Acadia Denali with 39,000 miles on the clock. Clean topside and bottom side.

100 mile drive, as comfortable as my Caddy....now I'll throw some serious miles at it like 650 to 800 per week.
Sounds like me, had mine just about a year and A half and went from 18k to 53k! We had close to 80 mile trip home and about half way home I asked her if she missed her Equinox and she said....’Nah, I’m thinking this was an incredible purchase, I could sleep in these seats!” This is one of the most comfortable cars I have ever owned. Call it my couch on wheels! Enjoy!

Reactions: JayKay

·
Registered
1 Posts
Newbie here, longtime GM fan. But as with any OEM vehicle there will be certain issues and weak points.

Going for an AWD SLT-2, Premium or Denali...20,000 to 35,000 mile range.

What should I watch out for if anything?

Favoring the Denali simply for the HID headlights, have owned Cadillacs with the HID setup and have found them to be second to none on dark highways. Travel many miles after dark in Maine with Moose and Deer in the road, the roads belong to the Moose and they simply let us use them....

Any and all input welcome...

Mike.
I bought a 2017 Acadia SLT1. In January of this year. Had 30,000 miles on it, now has over 37000 miles on it had no problems yet still loving it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
The one problem that has been consistently discussed here is the 'shift to park' issue. Make sure that repair has been made. Do a search in the forum for more detail. My 17 developed the problem at about 18k but dealer fixed.

·
Registered
2016 Chevy Traverse AWD, 2006 Cadillac DTS, 2006 Ram Megacab Cummins 4X4
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The one problem that has been consistently discussed here is the 'shift to park' issue. Make sure that repair has been made. Do a search in the forum for more detail. My 17 developed the problem at about 18k but dealer fixed.
Thank you, I will do that. It does have the GM Used Certified Warranty and that would be covered for a short time..

·
Registered
2018 Acadia - Burgundy, 2 Row All Terrain
25 Posts
When you take it for a test drive, turn the radio off and the AC on. Listen for a howling sound out of the passenger side vents. It takes several minutes, 10+ sometimes for it to develop. It can get loud enough to hear over the radio and road noise. If it happens most dealerships are resistant to addressing it because GM won't put out a service bulletin on it.. The fix requires removal of the dash and replacement of the evaporator. It will be with you forever. Check the Discussion on AC Howling.The Warranty with Certified is great!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Thank you, I will do that. It does have the GM Used Certified Warranty and that would be covered for a short time..
Do yourself a favor and get an aftermarket warranty! I get a B2B warranty on all my vehicles after the factory has expired. $200 deductible, rental car, unlimited towing the list goes on and on. To my surprise it was a lot more afford that I had assumed. Do your research and find a company that you are comfortable with but definitely look into It.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Do yourself a favor and get an aftermarket warranty! I get a B2B warranty on all my vehicles after the factory has expired. $200 deductible, rental car, unlimited towing the list goes on and on. To my surprise it was a lot more afford that I had assumed. Do your research and find a company that you are comfortable with but definitely look into It.
Or just pay cash and deal with it. Most aftermarket extended warranties aren't worth the paper they're printed on...

Caveat emptor.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Or just pay cash and deal with it. Most aftermarket extended warranties aren't worth the paper they're printed on...

Caveat emptor.
I completely disagree.... I am not sure anyone just has money to throw at a vehicle and then just deals with it. Seems like questionable advice, in my opinion. But hey I’ll take some cash if you wanna just “throw” some my way ;). I am not sure your particular experience with aftermarket warranties but you get what you pay for. You pay cheap you get cheap. I tend to research things to death to make sure I am getting the best of the best and have nothing but that on both my vehicles. They are in essence an extension of the factory bumper to bumper warranty. So you may want to do your research before you go giving people advice so its a little more accurate.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I completely disagree.... I am not sure anyone just has money to throw at a vehicle and then just deals with it. Seems like questionable advice, in my opinion. But hey I’ll take some cash if you wanna just “throw” some my way ;). I am not sure your particular experience with aftermarket warranties but you get what you pay for. You pay cheap you get cheap. I tend to research things to death to make sure I am getting the best of the best and have nothing but that on both my vehicles. They are in essence an extension of the factory bumper to bumper warranty. So you may want to do your research before you go giving people advice so its a little more accurate.
Not giving anyone anymore advice than what you were. Just balancing the equation.

Caveat Emptor.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Not giving anyone anymore advice than what you were. Just balancing the equation.

Caveat Emptor.
True, but not sure telling someone to be unprepared and to just throw cash at a vehicle is sound advice. But to each is his own. Careful when balancing an equation to use to same mathematical language and show your work so other can use it to make their own sound judgements.

Stultus Indispositus

21 - 31 of 31 Posts