GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

I am new to the forum and looking to be a new Acadia owner in the near future and I was just looking for any tips before I commit to the purchase. What trim levels do you recommend? Are there special features and add-ons that are must haves? I am also inquiring about pricing on the 2019... I am looking at several that are in my area at various dealerships and it seems like there is such a variance on price between the dealerships. Did anyone here purchase one recently and how much were they able to come down from MSRP? I was looking to get a great year-end deal. Any information would be much appreciated!!

·
Super Moderator
19,032 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Get a vehicle which has a bit more than what you think you want to have, especiallly in terms of tech features. Adding things after purchase has become increasingly difficult through the years because of sophistication within the vehicle's electrical/electronic systems.

·
Banned
614 Posts
Hello All!

I am new to the forum and looking to be a new Acadia owner in the near future and I was just looking for any tips before I commit to the purchase. What trim levels do you recommend? Are there special features and add-ons that are must haves? I am also inquiring about pricing on the 2019... I am looking at several that are in my area at various dealerships and it seems like there is such a variance on price between the dealerships. Did anyone here purchase one recently and how much were they able to come down from MSRP? I was looking to get a great year-end deal. Any information would be much appreciated!!

One of the online magazine reviews we read indicated they thought that the SLT-2 was the best buying option. We found it often had too many extras on them and drove the price up $1,500 to +$2,500 higher than an SLT-1.
We purchased our 2019 in late June of this year. There were some good rebates on at that time. We opted for an SLT-1 because it had pretty much all we wanted. Leather seats, some additional safety features, 18" wheels rather than 20", and one of the colors we liked.
More than that, we found excellent pricing. If you are anywhere near the Central U.S. A. . .. . Laura GMC in Collinsville, IL had great pricing. Often $8,500 to $9,000 of MSRP on an SLT-1 currently.
Acadia SLT-1

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum.
Get a vehicle which has a bit more than what you think you want to have, especiallly in terms of tech features. Adding things after purchase has become increasingly difficult through the years because of sophistication within the vehicle's electrical/electronic systems.
thank you for the tips!!! i appreciated your input!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One of the online magazine reviews we read indicated they thought that the SLT-2 was the best buying option. We found it often had too many extras on them and drove the price up $1,500 to +$2,500 higher than an SLT-1.
We purchased our 2019 in late June of this year. There were some good rebates on at that time. We opted for an SLT-1 because it had pretty much all we wanted. Leather seats, some additional safety features, 18" wheels rather than 20", and one of the colors we liked.
More than that, we found excellent pricing. If you are anywhere near the Central U.S. A. . .. . Laura GMC in Collinsville, IL had great pricing. Often $8,500 to $9,000 of MSRP on an SLT-1 currently.
Acadia SLT-1
I have seen this dealership and other people have talked about their great pricing. one question that i have is... is that the lowest price they will go or does that still leave room for negotiation? Just wondering.... i feel like that the prices they offer are a great deal, but also want the best price and that dealership would be quite a drive for us. Did you contact them before making the trip there? I have also seen information about negotiating the price online with them before heading to the dealership in person. That would help a ton if I could know what kind of deal we were getting before making the trip and then driving home without a new car.... just a thought

·
Banned
614 Posts
I have seen this dealership and other people have talked about their great pricing. one question that i have is... is that the lowest price they will go or does that still leave room for negotiation? Just wondering.... i feel like that the prices they offer are a great deal, but also want the best price and that dealership would be quite a drive for us. Did you contact them before making the trip there? I have also seen information about negotiating the price online with them before heading to the dealership in person. That would help a ton if I could know what kind of deal we were getting before making the trip and then driving home without a new car.... just a thought
When we shopped online at Laura, I bookmarked 4 Acadia they had and then narrowed it down to two.
The price they post online is pretty much what they are selling at in addition to sometimes GM incentives. Right now there is a 2% incentive if you finance with GM. If you choose that, you can refinance or pay it off within a month or two. I am not sure if price is negotiable much lower. It may depend on how long a vehicle has been on there lots and other factors so I suppose worth a try. We got a great deal no one else could match.
At the time we bought there was a 2% loyalty rebate if we currently owned another GM vehicle. (we did).
That said, yes, we first emailed about the two Acadia and asked for their price. We then settled on one. . same price as online. Then called the salesman to request a build sheet and ask what we do next if we decide to purchase.

He indicated potential buyers are usually asked to place a $500 fully refundable deposit so that the Acadia can be held for a few days before you make the trip there. Else others may sell it.
We traveled down the following Saturday, viewed and test drove the Acadia. It took about 2 hours for all of it including the viewing and test drive and a bit of wait for paperwork to get compiled for us. They are very busy. Hardly anyone stops moving and there were some +20 sales people working the Saturday we were there.
It all went smoothly and final paperwork with sales invoice for your state and local license, taxes, etc is mailed within 3 to 5 days. It all went fine when we went to our DMV to get a plate, title and pay sales tax.
Laura issues a 30 day temp license to drive the vehicle home until you can get your local state plates.
Many people fly, bus or train to them to make a purchase. I am on several forums and others there also have made purchases there.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
... i feel like that the prices they offer are a great deal, but also want the best price...
What exactly do you consider the "best price", especially if you think that dealer's prices are already a great deal.

Find the one you want and go buy it. Someone will always pay more than you and someone will always pay less.

Thanks to internet pricing, many, many dealers these days no long dicker much below the advertised price.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When we shopped online at Laura, I bookmarked 4 Acadia they had and then narrowed it down to two.
The price they post online is pretty much what they are selling at in addition to sometimes GM incentives. Right now there is a 2% incentive if you finance with GM. If you choose that, you can refinance or pay it off within a month or two. I am not sure if price is negotiable much lower. It may depend on how long a vehicle has been on there lots and other factors so I suppose worth a try. We got a great deal no one else could match.
At the time we bought there was a 2% loyalty rebate if we currently owned another GM vehicle. (we did).
That said, yes, we first emailed about the two Acadia and asked for their price. We then settled on one. . same price as online. Then called the salesman to request a build sheet and ask what we do next if we decide to purchase.

He indicated potential buyers are usually asked to place a $500 fully refundable deposit so that the Acadia can be held for a few days before you make the trip there. Else others may sell it.
We traveled down the following Saturday, viewed and test drove the Acadia. It took about 2 hours for all of it including the viewing and test drive and a bit of wait for paperwork to get compiled for us. They are very busy. Hardly anyone stops moving and there were some +20 sales people working the Saturday we were there.
It all went smoothly and final paperwork with sales invoice for your state and local license, taxes, etc is mailed within 3 to 5 days. It all went fine when we went to our DMV to get a plate, title and pay sales tax.
Laura issues a 30 day temp license to drive the vehicle home until you can get your local state plates.
Many people fly, bus or train to them to make a purchase. I am on several forums and others there also have made purchases there.
Hope this helps.
Awesome. Thank you for all your help!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
@JayTee2019 and @KKG This thread is timely. I was super surprised to see the Acadia forums don't have a dedicated '"Prices Paid Thread" where folks actively post. We are toggling between a Toytota Highlander and Acadia and the Toyota forums have a great thread where folks regularly post on what they paid which includes a detailed breakdown of prices and location (sometimes including the dealer). Because dealer fee's and registration fees vary by state, the best way to compare whether someone is getting a good deal is to see how much they are being offered off of MSRP before any rebates. For example with the Highlanders because of the numerous posts if your getting 14-16% off MSRP before the 3k rebate, you're getting a great deal and should buy. Keep in mind with the Highlander, the 2020's which includes a body redesign, are about to come out, so dealers are wanting to clear the 19's out to make room.

Anyways @JayTee2019 would it be possible to post a breakdown similar to below. I grabbed this format example from the Toyota forums which works well.

Trim Level: XXXX
MSRP: $42,369.00 (w/ All Wx Floor Liner/Cargo Liner & Door Edge Guard)
Sales Price: $35,420.00 = 16.4% Savings Pre-Rebate
Rebate: $2,500 (If applicable)
Post-Rebate Sales Price: $32,920.00 = 22.3% Savings Post-Rebate

IL License Transfer & Title: $200.00
Doc Fees: $179.81
Taxes: $2,493.74 (7.0%)

Total OTD Price: $35,793.55

·
Super Moderator
19,032 Posts
... This thread is timely. I was super surprised to see the Acadia forums don't have a dedicated '"Prices Paid Thread" where folks actively post. ...
Welcome to the forum.
Those threads are usually started in the "Buying and Leasing" forum.

·
Banned
614 Posts
@JayTee2019 and @KKG

Anyways @JayTee2019 would it be possible to post a breakdown similar to below. I grabbed this format example from the Toyota forums which works well.

Trim Level: XXXX
MSRP: $42,369.00 (w/ All Wx Floor Liner/Cargo Liner & Door Edge Guard)
Sales Price: $35,420.00 = 16.4% Savings Pre-Rebate
Rebate: $2,500 (If applicable)
Post-Rebate Sales Price: $32,920.00 = 22.3% Savings Post-Rebate

IL License Transfer & Title: $200.00
Doc Fees: $179.81
Taxes: $2,493.74 (7.0%)

Total OTD Price: $35,793.55
Hello. GM rebates and dealer discounts vary by region and even state or marketing area.
Also, as you I'm sure you are aware, timing is everything.
There is also a refresh on 2020 Acadia so the same 2019 clearance scenario applies as the Toyota Highlander.
To cut to the chase, we bought in June so prices were as follows:
Acadia Deal - -
$40,785 MSRP
$31,718 Laura Price 0n 7-20-2019 (Dealer price included a $4,450 rebate on Acadia)
($816) GM Loyalty Cash
$30,902
($123.00) GM Card Earnings
$30,779 + $189 Fees = $30,968
$40,785 - $30,779 = $10,006 Discount [24.533% Off MSRP]

Right now, there is a GM Finance incentive of 2% of MSRP. Plus some other rebates depending on region and dealer. Dealers are sometimes offered factory incentives that are not made public. So shopping pricing from dealer to dealer is sometimes worth it.

That said. . . I've seen no one offer the prices Laura GMC in Collinsville , Ill match.
There may be some in Southern states and large metro areas that come close to an over all 20% to +22% off though.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
What exactly do you consider the "best price", especially if you think that dealer's prices are already a great deal.

Find the one you want and go buy it. Someone will always pay more than you and someone will always pay less.

Thanks to internet pricing, many, many dealers these days no long dicker much below the advertised price.
Very accurate/good comments.

George

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Those threads are usually started in the "Buying and Leasing" forum.
I will look again, but all I saw when I looked a few weeks ago was folks reporting on lease deals. If 90% of the posts are lease related they should change the title to Lease only deals and create a separate thread for Purchasing Just my .02$

·
Super Moderator
19,032 Posts
Just a carryover from admin set-up when the site was first born. Nothing a mod can do about it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We really went looking for a Denali, but it seemed to be an SLT2 with a sunroof and some extra chrome. Didn't want a sunroof. Agreed the SLT2 was a better choice for the $$$. We're very happy with it.

·
Banned
614 Posts
We really went looking for a Denali, but it seemed to be an SLT2 with a sunroof and some extra chrome. Didn't want a sunroof. Agreed the SLT2 was a better choice for the $$$. We're very happy with it.
We had a similar experience. We did not want a sunroof or navigation. We got a nice SLT-1 since the selection (and prices) of the SLT-2 were not very abundant at the time.
In the end, the only thing we might have liked is the memory seats and the trailer towing package just for the mechanical upgrades it provides. The latter is well worth the $650 it was priced at the time.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
We had a similar experience. We did not want a sunroof or navigation. We got a nice SLT-1 since the selection (and prices) of the SLT-2 were not very abundant at the time.
In the end, the only thing we might have liked is the memory seats and the trailer towing package just for the mechanical upgrades it provides. The latter is well worth the $650 it was priced at the time.
I wanted nav and leather but was hard to find and SLT with those options and no sunroof. I was simply not going to pay the extra for Denali trim just for some bragging rights.

Eventually found an SLT with nav and leather but also had to get the dual sunroof option.

·
Banned
614 Posts
I wanted nav and leather but was hard to find and SLT with those options and no sunroof. I was simply not going to pay the extra for Denali trim just for some bragging rights.

Eventually found an SLT with nav and leather but also had to get the dual sunroof option.
Yeah. . . that's what I found also. I didn't want to "buy" a $1,495 sunroof lumped into the price. I saw many that had them. When we bought back in June there were few SLT-2 around. If I could have found one with just the towing package I would have gotten in if color was also one of the 3 we liked.
Trouble is. . many had towing, sunroof and navigation which upped the price at least $2,500 or more.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts