GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:

I am in the process of turning in my leased Yukon and can not afford to lease another, so I am looking at leasing an Acadia instead. I drove one the other day and was blown away. I even think it is better than my Yukon in many aspects.

To that end, I have an offer on the table from a local dealer that is pretty appetizing for a 2008 fully loaded Acadia SLT2; I mean FULLY loaded with all features: HID, heads-up display, Nav, DVD, etc., etc. Should I go for it or wait the extra couple of weeks or month for the release of the 2009's? Are the 2009's that much better? I do not have a full breakdown of all the upgrades, but do know that they have increase the engine size/performance.

I know the question my seem loaded and/or obviously (i.e.: wait for the 2009), but need to know from some of you on this forum that seem to have a great deal of knowledge on this subject. Which by the way is amazing to come across this forum. What a great deal of information on Acadia and I did not know until now how big of a following they have.

Any information and/or insight on the above would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance to anyone that responses.

·
Registered
381 Posts
If you want fully loaded, I would wait. I have a fully loaded 2008 and am green with envy about the bluetooth option and XMNavTraffic updates. If you are accustomed to a GPS map unit in your vehicle, you want the traffic updates.

If you are more interested in an SLE level of vehicle, I'd go for 2008. The new DI option in the 09's have shown to be not that much of a difference. Definitely not one to pay more for.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Like Jake posted, most of the upgrades are only going to be noticeable on the uplevel trim models, with the exception of the direct injection 3.6L, which is standard across the board. The new engine is going to give you a small bump in horsepower and torque without a fuel economy penalty, but from what I've read from other members, the transmission programming upgrades may make more of a difference in vehicle perfomance than the power bump.

This is a pretty long thread, but if you can wade through everything you'll see why the transmission programming has been one of the biggest complaints about the Acadia/Outlook/Enclave (but there is a fix) http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=3729.0

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The dilemma I am in is I have a very good deal on the table for a fully loaded 2008 Acadia in blue (the color I want) for what I feel is a good price in the low $600's for a 39 month lease with little money down. I mean fully load with every conceivable option except cooling seats which I do not need. My main concerns are the 2009's will have a bit more hp and better injection system with the newer engine, bluetooth compatible and better Nav from what I have been told/read up on.

However, I am sure the price is going to jump to, by $25-45 more per month. Is it worth the wait or should I jump on this deal before it is gone. I also do not want to wait much more than mid-September either. So the jury is out that is why I am asking everyone on this forum for there advice?

Have owned a Tahoe, than Envoy, now a Yukon and can not wait to drive an Acadia. They look and feel awsome!

Thanks,
Tony

·
Registered
47 Posts
We decided to order a 2009 SLT-1. Even though it will be more expensive, we thought that with the better engine, bluetooth and higher residual value it was worth it. We also did not want the DVD, but wanted the rearview camera, and the 2009 allows you to have the camera in the rearview mirror.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
turfster26 said:
I mean fully load with every conceivable option except cooling seats which I do not need.
I do. If you end up with a pair, I'll swap mine and/or send my firstborn :).

This is the common "must have" vs "want to have" option issue. By your estimation, you are looking at a total additional cost of $975 (@$25/month) to $1,755 ($45/month) over the term of your 39 month lease. Can you afford this & do your really need the '09 features?

My wife would love to have those cooled seats after a relative reported on a set in an Escalade. I can't see paying 150% of the cost of the base vehicle to get them, though.

I'm in the process of finding a closeout 2008 and I will add what I want to it after the fact (nav/camera and DVD as needed). It was pointed out in another thread that a salesperson was quoted as saying the 2009 will cost at least $2500 more due to the GM price increase and loss of incentives (currently $1,750 for all cash).

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OL_Shopper said:
I'm in the process of finding a closeout 2008 and I will add what I want to it after the fact (nav/camera and DVD as needed). It was pointed out in another thread that a salesperson was quoted as saying the 2009 will cost at least $2500 more due to the GM price increase and loss of incentives (currently $1,750 for all cash).
I just got the fax today with the order confirmation. Hopefully next week I will have the official build date. As mentioned I ordered it with many options: nav, dvd, hud, hid, roof railings, sunroof, etc. And I ordered it in my favorite color Deep Blue Metallic. I hope you are wrong regarding the price. I am supposed to be receiving the pricing in a couple of weeks, so I am told. If the pricing is off the charts than I will drop back and punt and look back into a loaded 2008. There should be a couple hanging around the Northeast area, especially with the economy the way it is. I will keep you posted as soon as a hear something from the dealer.

TG

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Was ordering in blue any problem for the Acadia? The Traverse order guide says blue is not available until October. Was this mentioned at all?

·
Registered
72 Posts
So went to my local (well, 20 minutes away) GMC dealer. They said they don't have the prices in their system, so they suspect it will be a while before they could order a 2009 (with pricing) and the car would probably not come until October.

He said anything about invoice of the 2009s is BS.

We then discussed buying the 2008 model in their showroom (which had 500 miles on it, for delivery from a another dealer). They were willing to give it to us for 41200 (AWD, SLT-2, Nav, 19" wheels, HID, Rear DVD, etc), with incentives. He said that was $27 more then what they paid for it.

We walked out, of course. It is a 2008 with 500 miles on it. We were hoping for closer to 38,500. Is that ridiculous?

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Give that dealer a mask & a gun.

What is BS is they don't have prices in their system. I got prices from my local dealer last week when we placed a 2009 order that were in line to the $ with cars.com. All dealers use the same software to order, so that is lie #1.

We are at $39,700 for an 09 SLT-2 with Nav, tech (HUD), cooled seats, trailer, and bench seat (credit). At that, it is $1400 over invoice per cars.com. You also have $1750 in incentives for the 2008. You usually won't get as good a deal on a dealer trade as one that is ordered.

I'm not up on AWD prices. If you go to Edmunds.com or cars.com you can see true invoice on the 2008 you described.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I priced a 2008 AWD SLT2 with Nav, HID, HUD, 19" wheels and rear DVD, also threw in the $800 white paint. Don't know if that one had the sunroof or trailer/cargo audio control options. Cars.com says invoice is $42,095. If you take away the $1750 in incentives, you get $40,345. They are still going to get 3% of the MSRP ($45,675 or $1,370.25) for holdback on this. The unknown in the equation is the cost of acquiring it from another dealer.

·
Registered
72 Posts
This was all of that, with sunroof and back audio controls. But with 500 miles on it, my wife and I were not too happy about taking that without a significant discount on what we could get a 2009 on. I will check other dealers around here about the 2009s, or we can wait to see if they come back to us with a different offer (I doubt it).

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
If you don't need AWD or all that extra stuff, you are definitely better off with a 2009.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
Was ordering in blue any problem for the Acadia? The Traverse order guide says blue is not available until October. Was this mentioned at all?
That is a first I have heard of this regarding Blue being hard to order. I am calling my dealer at the end of this week and I am supposed to receive offical word and/or documentation regarding order and delivery date, so I will keep you posted if things do not look good.

Thanks for the heads up!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts