GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed my order today for a 2008 AWD SLT-2 :cheers:

Color: Blue-Gold Crystal Metallic

Interior: Light Titanium

Build Options: UZR Audio system w/navigation, U42 Entertainment System, UV6 Heads Up Display, C3U Sunroof, P64 Wheels 19" Machined Ultrabright Aluminum, V92/VR2 Trailering Equipment.

Dealer installed Options: PAL (when available), Cargo Mat, Pin stripping.

MRSP: $44,680

Paid: $41,732.35 + $99.00 Service Fee. (NO ADVERTISING FEE) less $500.00 Conquest cash.

Selling my 2006 Highlander to my Son-In-Law (Boy, is he getting a good deal!)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
362 Posts
Sounds like what my wife and I ordered (we didn't get DVD or 19" wheels)! :rock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
Great color choice!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,164 Posts
You're going to love this color - we have no regrets on our color choice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wiscbadger said:
Great choice! I see you're in Waukesha. What dealer are you using?
Thanks for the kodos. I order the Acadia from 5 Corners Pontiac/GMC in Cedarburg.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BigOwl said:
I placed my order today for a 2008 AWD SLT-2 :cheers:

Color: Blue-Gold Crystal Metallic

Interior: Light Titanium

Build Options: UZR Audio system w/navigation, U42 Entertainment System, UV6 Heads Up Display, C3U Sunroof, P64 Wheels 19" Machined Ultrabright Aluminum, V92/VR2 Trailering Equipment.
Got a status update from my salesman yesterday (9/4) letting me know my Acadia was "in constraint" because the P64 Wheels were not available. :'( :'(

Hope the wheel fairy catches up with the order volume :sunny:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
362 Posts
That's a bummer. Could they order it with stock wheels and swap with something on the lot?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BigOwl said:
BigOwl said:
I placed my order today for a 2008 AWD SLT-2 :cheers:

Color: Blue-Gold Crystal Metallic

Interior: Light Titanium

Build Options: UZR Audio system w/navigation, U42 Entertainment System, UV6 Heads Up Display, C3U Sunroof, P64 Wheels 19" Machined Ultrabright Aluminum, V92/VR2 Trailering Equipment.
Got a status update from my salesman yesterday (9/4) letting me know my Acadia was "in constraint" because the P64 Wheels were not available. :'( :'(

Hope the wheel fairy catches up with the order volume :sunny:
Finally :eek:, my dealer was able to pass along the :week of" date for the anticipated production on my Acadia. It is scheduled to be manufactured the week of October 29th. (didn't specify which year :D)

Let's see, I ordered the vehicle on Aug. 21st and it may be built the week of Oct. 29th. Only 14 weeks from ordering. Add 3 weeks to get it into my hands. ::)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
You mention $500 in Conquest cash. Doesn't that incentive have to be in place during delivery? You might want to double check that if you were counting on it.. (hopefully it will be $1000 by 10-15 weeks from now)..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
gbshuler said:
You mention $500 in Conquest cash. Doesn't that incentive have to be in place during delivery? You might want to double check that if you were counting on it.. (hopefully it will be $1000 by 10-15 weeks from now)..
That's a good question that lacks an answer. The $500 Conquest cash rebate is included in the sales contract and the dealer made a photo-copy of the title for the car being replaced. I also had the dealer include a note on the sales contract which states that I am entitled to any additional GMC offers which are available at the time I take delivery.

So, if your hope come true and the conquest cash offer is higher, I should have access to the better rebate. (Got my fingers crossed that you are correct and the dealer follows through on his end.)

Time will tell :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Called my salesman today to check on the build status for my Acadia. (Ordered 8/21, scheduled to be built the week of 10/29)

He called me back to tell me he didn't know where my Acadia was :eek: After I started to breath again, he told me that it was built, he had the VIN number and it was in the hands of the transporter :blob: :blob: He promised I would be the second one to know when it arrived at the dealership. He said he would be the first. :D

I can drive from my home in SE Wisconsin to Lansing, MI in 6 hours (assuming they don't have EVERY highway in Chicago under construction :banghead:)

Any guess on how long it will take the transporter to get here? Stay tuned, I'll let you know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm sitting up in my deer stand Saturday morning waiting for a 30 point buck :D to walk by and my cell phone starts vibrating in my pocket. I fumble though a couple layers of blaze orange and answer to darn thing. Guess what, it's my GMC salesman letting me know that my Acadia is in and ready for delivery :clap: :clap: So much for deer hunting - to pumped up to sit still quietly in a tree the rest of the weekend. :eek:hno:

I'm going in TODAY to take delivery. Pictures at 6.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
Congrats, I just ordered mine this weekend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
vic49 said:
Big Owl, I bet the deer in Wisconsin just breathed a sigh of relief. :D
Ya, it it didn't take a new car for the deer to feel safe, they've seen m shot before ;D
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top