GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup that is right I used the Acadia to pull a stubborn stump out of the ground. Probably was not the best idea, but of course my luck no one I knew with a truck was free. The stump was a good 12 inches in diameter at the base and weighed a good 150 pounds after it was out of the ground. Bought a 17000lbs tow strap from the auto parts store and with a good rigging to the hitch to the stump I yanked her out. It took two good runs to pull it out, but it got the job done. I think this is a job best left for a pickup truck with four wheel drive, but in a pinch the Acadia is a mean stump puller :thumb:

Time for a beer :beer:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
You should give one to the Acadia too! :beer:

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
mckcab said:
You should give one to the Acadia too! :beer:
I was thinking the same thing.
:dancing:
Good job ACADIA! :thumb:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No beer for the Acadia until it takes me to the store from some dirt and sod, so I can repair the two-track it left on my lawn. Then after that I will treat her to a good vacuum and a new air freshener. ;D

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
:thumb: to your Acadia. Hearty lil trucks, eh? I tossed a tow strap on my Acadia and used it to pull a 1987 Audi 5000S wagon out of my garage. It's brakes were locked and the tires weren't spinning. So we pretty much just dragged it along. Acadia did GREAT. :) Don't underestimate the power of your Acadia. heh

·
Registered
533 Posts
Queenie,

Did you spin the wheels at all? I'm curious how the weight distribution on the front axle does in "brute towing tests" like yours & the tree stump trick. Long before I owned my Acadia I surprised the driver of a older fire truck that had stalled in a bad location. I took my little S-10 Blazer (2.8L) & backed it up & got out my heavy tow strap. He said "you're gonna pull this with that? I said "Yup" - just don't cream me when we want to come to a stop. I didn't need to pull him far, & he was pretty jazzed!

Smooth[/color] <><

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
We need some pics of the German car being pulled by the Acadia! :p

I'd never get away with doing anything like that with Mrs. Blue's Acadia, seeing as how I have her old Durango for towing. I did get the lawn tractor stuck in a rut over the septic tank once & used the lightest car I have w/ a hitch (RX-7) to pull it free. :)

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Smooth said:
Queenie,

Did you spin the wheels at all?
Nope, not at all. And that Audi is not a light vehicle, especially when being dragged. Now if I can just make the Audi magically disappear... that'd be super.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts