GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While in LA last weekend, I caught a glimpse of a GMC commercial for a new SUV. Didn't even catch the name of it! But I was intrigued enough to check it out online as soon as I got home. So today I thought, I'll just go down to the dealer and look at one. Maybe drive it. I LOVED IT.

Unfortunately it wasn't in my budget to buy the one I *really* would have wanted... you know, leather seats, nav system, sunroof, the whole shebang... but I did end up with a nice Red Jewel FWD Acadia with ebony cloth interior. I traded in my 2006 Saturn Vue AWD V6 for it. It was dark out by the time I got home, so I don't have any pictures. But I will soon. ;D

I'm glad I found this forum though. I look forward to the wealth of Acadia information you guys have to share!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Congratulations!!! Please post photos. I would love to see pictures of the Red Jewel/Ebony Cloth color combination! I've been waiting since 2/1 for my order to arrive!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Congrats, yes, please post pics.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The ebony cloth is fantastic, I think! I would have loved this over leather, for a change, but it wasn't an option with the SLT-1 we ordered! CONGRATULATIONS!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Awesome!!

I have not seen a cloth interior in person yet..

Adam

·
Registered
231 Posts
Congrats on your purchase! Hope to see pics.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's beautifully sunny out today, so I'll be taking the Acadia out for a little drive shortly and get some decent pictures to post. :) I'll have something up later today.

While I did love the leather interior, the models with leather came loaded with too many options I just couldn't afford. The cloth interior is really nice and I think it'll hold up to my two dogs much better than leather as well. Though they won't be enjoying the new truck until summer when the weather is drier. ;)

Thanks for all the welcomes! I think I'm really gonna like it here.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay I took a few pictures today. Not incredibly happy with the interior pictures. I'll have to get out my better camera and take some. I think the interior is a lot darker than it looks in some of these pictures. It's more black than grey.

If there's anything in particular you might want to see a picture of, let me know and next time I have my camera handy, I'll snap 'em up. :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Great pictures!! Love the red!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Thanks for posting!

Adam

·
Registered
23 Posts
Leather is always a nice option as it's certainly beautiful and holds up well, however, I really like the cloth seats in the Acadia. I paid extra for after-market leather in my last car and it was nice but I grew tired of it after a while. I was very conerned about getting cloth in my next vehicle because many times the color scheme of cloth is terrible (dated fabric patters such as cords, zebra and rainbow colors in the fabric, shows wear and stains easily, etc...) The cloth in the Acadia is a some-what rugged looking stretch fabric that looks like something you might use during a camping trip to repel the elements. It looks like it will hold up well to daily abuse. The color is also black so it's not annoying to the eye.

If it doesn't perform well, I'll switch back to leather in my next vehicle.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Great pics, Charlene! I like the cloth seats more and more everyday.

I agree Jasper, I was impressed by the fabric they used in the Acadia from the first time I laid eyes on it.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Can't wait to move into the "proud new owner" category tomorrow morning at 9 am when ours is delivered.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
readyforacadia said:
Can't wait to move into the "proud new owner" category tomorrow morning at 9 am when ours is delivered.
Uh... I'm jealous. Your Acadia has all the toys. :-\ I need to find me a sugardaddy so I can have a fully loaded Acadia too! ;D

Congrats on your pending arrival!! :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
readyforacadia said:
so? is it here yet? is it? is it??

;D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts