GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When we purchased our Acadia, the dealer only had one key. He mailed us the second key but it wasn't programmed. We were able to program the remote using the instructions in the manuel. The local dealer wanted $75 to program the new key. Took the Acadia back to the dealer where we purchased it for them to do it for free. All they did was start the vehicle with the original key and then shut the vehicle off and put in the new key within 3 seconds and started it. Thought this might be of use to someone out there--I'd hate for you to pay $75 for 3 seconds worth of work ;D

·
Registered
423 Posts
thanks, i do need a new key, glad it is as easy as programming a new fob. :thumb:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Adding Keys
Important:

• To initiate, this procedures requires that a learned master key be available.

• A total of 10 keys may be programmed to a single vehicle.

• This procedure adds keys only. The procedure does not erase previously learned keys.

• The keys to be learned must duplicate the mechanical cut of the current key.

• If more than one valet key is to be learned, immediately precede each valet key with a learned master key.

With a previously learned master key, turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
Turn OFF the ignition and remove the key.
Within 10 seconds of turning OFF the ignition, insert the key to be learned and turn ON the ignition. The vehicle has now learned the new key.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
jefforamie said:
When we purchased our Acadia, the dealer only had one key. He mailed us the second key but it wasn't programmed. We were able to program the remote using the instructions in the manuel. The local dealer wanted $75 to program the new key. Took the Acadia back to the dealer where we purchased it for them to do it for free. All they did was start the vehicle with the original key and then shut the vehicle off and put in the new key within 3 seconds and started it. Thought this might be of use to someone out there--I'd hate for you to pay $75 for 3 seconds worth of work ;D
Let me get this straight, in this economy, with EVERY dealer dying financially, your 'local' dealer wouldn't do you a favor and try to earn your future business by helping you out with a flippin' key program? Post their name here, Hall Of Shame material.

·
Registered
15 Posts
jefforamie said:
thanks a bunch I have 2 fob's but might want a third just in case

1 - 7 of 7 Posts