GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the simple SLE unit. After reading the manual I was wondering if the programable features, delay for lites, horn not sounding on locking,door locking, etc. could be accessed by GMC techs with their HP4011gmc program analyzer ? ???

would like to have afew small changes

thanks

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, i called dealer yesterday and told them what I had,SLE, and what I wanted and was told to bring it in.
Today i went down to dealer for reprograming of my "SECURITY" problem (All doors unlocking when vehicle goes to park) and after about an hour they came out and said that the only thing that can be reprogramed was the stuff that showed up on my readout when in Park and pushing on the reset stem.

Well ....I guess I need some knowledge. Does GMC put different modules in the SLE than in the SLT ?

In the manual it says the setting I have are the "Factory Default" settings. To me this says there is a way to change settings, no matter which module you have .

The main problem with the "default" programing is that when you stop and put it in Park all the doors unlock.......ever had anyone jump in the car with you because they were stalking a parkin lot looking for just such an opportunity, my wife has!

I find this to be a MAJOR SECURITY and need a fix!

Any Ideas? and please no smart a** remarks

Thanks

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have the same thing in my SLT2. It can easily be changed in the SLT2, not sure if the SLE is any different.

How to change it should be listed in your owner's manuel.

·
Registered
246 Posts
luvmyacadia said:
I have the same thing in my SLT2. It can easily be changed in the SLT2, not sure if the SLE is any different.

How to change it should be listed in your owner's manuel.
Yes, the SLE has the base level DIC which does not have the 4 buttons on the centre console. Instead, it uses the
reset stem for changes. It also does not allow access to much customization. There should be a way for the dealer
to change these settings, but I am not totally sure what is required to do this. Maybe Acadia7j knows what is involved?

·
Registered
33 Posts
There has to be a way ............I have a SLE and my doors do just the opposite, none of them unlock unless I unlock them myself. My dealer must have set it up that way because I would have no clue what to do. :angel:

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Huh... I never thought about it *that* way (someone jumping into the car with you). Every new car I've ever owned has unlocked when put into park and locked when put into drive. I've never given it another thought. I have an SLE and mine unlocks in park and locks in drive.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ah ha !!!!!!!!!

so there is a difference between to SLE units recorded now!

I have been in touch with A7j and he was going to look into it after he returned from vacation....and got out from under all the stuff that time off brings you at yur desk.

Thanks for info...... ;D

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
I believe there's another thread on here about the same thing. Someone said the dealer can make all the changes to an SLE that and SLT can make with their DIC controls. Do a search for it and you should find it...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
admin said:
I believe there's another thread on here about the same thing. Someone said the dealer can make all the changes to an SLE that and SLT can make with their DIC controls. Do a search for it and you should find it...

not my experience with the dealer...read earlier post

·
Registered
99 Posts
shot_1 said:
admin said:

not my experience with the dealer...read earlier post
Try another dealer!

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
I saw your post, but my point was, I believe your dealer may be wrong given that others have had success in getting those settings changed.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
oh.....maybe another dealer is a good ideer

Thanks

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just heard from our "insider" and looks like all will be well soon. ;D

"I've checked with the engineering team and there is a software cal being released...literally as we speak. It will allow the dealers to reprogram SLE's. I suspect it will take a couple of weeks for it to get through our system and be available to the dealers."

:cheers:

Thanks for your time and concern........a7j :thumb:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Any word on this upgrade yet?

My dealer still hasn't receive anything pertaining to this Security problem.

Thanks

·
Registered
121 Posts
All, the service bulletin has been released today so that SLE models can have the door lock feature reprogrammed by your dealer. The bulletin number is 07-08-64-014. Hope this helps and sorry for the VERY long delay in getting this done!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:blob: :blob: :blob:
:thumb: :beer: :thumb: :beer: :thumb:

THANK YOU for your time and efforts!!!!!!!!

Take the Rest of the Day OFF!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
update: went in for 1st service Yesterday and to have my door unlocking option changed on my SLE model. Turns out (according to dealer) that the SLE only offers 2 options. One is to have doors unlock when shifted to Park. Two, is to have doors not unlock at all until MANUALLY unlocked with button.
Not what I wanted to hear but went withthe manul option.

Anyone know anything more on this ?

·
Registered
730 Posts
for option 2, will the doors Autolock when shifting out of Park? Or everything is fully manual after the update?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
still auto lock when shifted into Drive.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought an 2008 Acadia SLE. My wife hates the fact that it unlocks the doors when it's shifted into park. I took the service bulletin listed above to the Dealer to have them make it so all the doors remained. Well the Service Manager comes back saying that they cannot make the change on the '08, and the change with the above bulletin number only works on '07s. He said that I would have to wait until there was a software upgrade for the '08. Has anyone yet tried this successfully on an '08?

My Wife on Monday is going to call up GM Corporate and give them an earful for making the unlock feature the "default" setting and not the OPTION. So now the only thing that we hate about the Acadia is that the DIC button is not standard on all models so the owner can make simple changes. We test drove an SLT, but decided we did not want sun-roofs and such included. Of course my Wife did not want to special order the SUV. We never thought about the DIC button as an upgrade. Of course we did not look for it on SLE model and the Salesman did not mention it. It's such a little thing. I mean how many base model vehicles come with fog lights standard? Anyway I could continue to rant, but you get my point. Even my 2003 Dodge Intrepid auto locks the doors when moving, but leaves them locked when placed in park. It's just a STUPID choice by GM to make the unlock feature the default setting.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts