GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some bug and tar remover to clean the baked on bug guts that have been hanging on the front bumper. Its a product by Turtle wax its called Bug&tar remover. It says it remover bugs, tar, tree sap and leaves a deep wax shine that will not strip waxes. Also its says its safe to use on all non-porous surfaces like metal, plastic, glass and painted surfaces. I bought it thinking I could just spray it on before I washed the truck to pre-soak the bugs so they would just wash off. If I didn't know any better I would say its lemon pledge in a Turtle Wax bottle, because this is what this stuff looks like. The bottle says to wash and dry the car first, but I didn't. I sprayed it on the windshield, grill, head lights, and front bumper. I used a damp cloth to wipe the product off before I washed. It did a great job to remove the baked on bugs, but I noticed that it left the plastic on the bottom of the front fascia with a nice shiny luster and beaded water like it was new. So I used it to clean the plastic on the bottom of the doors and the plastic on the rear fascia. Even after I washed the truck the plastic beaded water and kept its luster. I have been having a hard time keeping those plastic surfaces clean. They always looked dull and unclean, but this product put some life back into the plastic. :thumb:

Here the link http://www.turtlewax.com/main.taf?p=2,1,4,11

I bought mine at Auto Zone, but I'm sure it can be found at other stores.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks for the recommendation.
I read your post after posting my thread on
"Bar Keepers Friend Liquid Cleanser" which I used to remove bugs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts