GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to get my cell phone out of the center cupholder and locate it higher up on the dash. In the past I've purchased ProClip holders with great success, but to date they have not made any available for our vehicle.

If you've been creative in where you locate your phone inside the Acadia, let's hear it! And pics would be nice, too! :angel:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Why not use a small pc. of Velcro applied to the trim alongside the left-most air supply above the radio ?
Use a mating pc. of the same material on the back of the phone. Just replace the Velcro when it loses adhesion.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
By chance, I spoke with ProClip just today (I'm looking for a mount for a portable gps unit). They said they are working on a mount for the Acadia, and should have it available by the end of June. If you send them an e-mail, they'll let you know when it's available.

Kelly

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kjf said:
By chance, I spoke with ProClip just today (I'm looking for a mount for a portable gps unit). They said they are working on a mount for the Acadia, and should have it available by the end of June. If you send them an e-mail, they'll let you know when it's available.

Kelly
:blob: That's great! I will drop them an e-mail and wait it out ... thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Great to hear. Wonder if they will make a clip with an iPod mount too? I worked with ProClip a few years ago to locate a clip for my VW Cabrio (they had the right one for the Audi Allroad) to mount the iPod for it's link to the stereo. They were terrific to work with; excellent customer service.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
ProClip's mounts are composed of two parts: one is specific to the vehicle and one is specific to the device (and they have lots of different device holders). So, once they produce a component for the Acadia, you should be able to mount most any device.

Kelly

·
Registered
497 Posts
Thanks for adding that detail Kelly, I should have noted that.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kjf said:
ProClip's mounts are composed of two parts: one is specific to the vehicle and one is specific to the device (and they have lots of different device holders). So, once they produce a component for the Acadia, you should be able to mount most any device.

Kelly
Yes, that's right. I have the phone part, now I just need the mating part to suit the Acadia dash. Anyone need a mount for an '06 Miata? :help:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts