GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The passenger tail light went completely out at about 3500 miles on my 08 Acadia. I took it in to the dealership and they ordered a new light and changed it. Now the drivers side light has decided to start flashing on its own while driving down the road. I thought it might be a short but a short would make it go off not flash on. Has anyone else had any problems with their tail lights. I dont even understand why the passenger side quit working. With the light being led it should have quit a bulb at a time not the the whole thing at once. :banghead:

·
Registered
662 Posts
No light problems here. Keep us posted! :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
It sounds like an electrical problem, led's rarely burn out. Have it checked. :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
I agree that it sounds like an electrical problem. A short in some other part of the lighting circuitry could have effects in places that do not seem obvious. Both problems might have the same basic cause. Take it back to the dealer and let them track it down. There have been posts before on lighting issues where one cause resulted in several seemingly unrelated problems.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The LED is not the problem it is something in the electronics. But it really doens't matter because the only thing that matters is the lamp is not working period. The double flash means that something has tripped the outage detection curcuit. Does your front headlamps turn signals still work? If you want you could send me the last 8 digits of your VIN and I can find out more about the lamp.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
I parked my new Acadia in the garage the day I got it (october 29th 2007)and my driver outside tail light was flickering. not double flashing, but flickering on and off at its own will, then it stopped working the next day.
I took it back to the dealer, service guy said something was wrong, duh!, they ordered a new one and but had no idea when it would be in because they had to extra parts. I asked them to swap it out with one of the other 10 Acadias on the lot, service manager said NOPE :banghead:

I argued, got another manager involved, they swapped out the light with another one on the lot, and I have been fine ever since.
And on a side note, that service manager is no longer there. I WONDER WHY? :sosad:

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have recently started experiencing the sameproblem with my 08 acadia on the drivers side rear marker light. it flickers, like gets dim and then stronger..never really going all the way out.

dfrank did you ever get your problem completely fixed, and what was the fix?

would changing the bulb correct the problem? i bought the car used, and would prefer to avoid a dealer and all their bs. please post your fixes and solutions...i am hoping this is not the start of any further electrical problems..

thank you

·
Super Moderator
22,593 Posts
If you still have any factory warranty left on the vehicle, take it to the dealer and let them fix it. :blob:

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
oneqwkfbody said:
i have recently started experiencing the sameproblem with my 08 acadia on the drivers side rear marker light. it flickers, like gets dim and then stronger..never really going all the way out.

dfrank did you ever get your problem completely fixed, and what was the fix?

would changing the bulb correct the problem? i bought the car used, and would prefer to avoid a dealer and all their bs. please post your fixes and solutions...i am hoping this is not the start of any further electrical problems..

thank you
I think these are sealed LED units and there is no "bulb" to replace. The entire unit will probably have to be swapped as they did with mine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts