GMC Acadia Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've thought that it should be the same but it seems not. I used the flat screw driver and was able to open a gap space between the armrest plastic but could not see the snap button as seen in the Traverse video

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yes, it is a same video I watched. First, the little hole to remove a first piece of plastic is shown at bottom while 2007 Acadia showing on the top. But that is Ok. In the 2nd step he seemed pushing the upper armrest hard plastic so easy but mine was hard. I felt that I almost broke it but it did not come out. In the video shown there was a piece of metal snap at the end of armrest plastic, I tried to find it but could not see. If I could have located this metal snap, I may be able to push it right there.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Ok, I finally got it replaced. It is not as same as Traverse. You have to take a whole door panel as shown here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SpagcnWnuU. After I removed the entire window panel, I have seen the hard plastic switch panel is not snapped like the one shown on Traverse. Attempt to remove it, a hard plastic switch panel only, without removing the entire door panel will break it. Instruction is found on this site http://www.justanswer.com/gm/47gg7-gmc-acadia-sle-remove-four-door-panels.html

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hungtdao - Thanks for your posts on this topic. A couple questions:

1. Did you have to have the new window switch "reprogrammed" after installing it?
2. You said the door panel needs to be taken off. I have also been told that the small panel holding the switch body can be gently pried up and out without removing the door panel. Do you think this is possibe?

Thanks!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've been having problems with the button/lever on my master panel on the drivers door. All other window buttons work, but the one for the front passenger window will work sometimes and sometimes not. It especially wont work if it's really cold out. I also noticed that I can roll down the passenger window with the passenger side button/lever and I can roll it up with my drivers panel passenger button/lever, but not back down again.

I got a can of air and put the nozzle down in the button/lever gaps to see if it was just dirt build up or something, but it hasn't done any good.

I hate to replace a whole freekin panel just for one window button/lever not working half the time.

·
Super Moderator
19,055 Posts

·
Registered
8,418 Posts
been there done that.
Remove it- and youll most likely find a bit of corrosion on that contact. usually turns dark. clean it with alcohol or very light sandpaper to scratch off that layer.
once done- it will be like new.

·
Banned
614 Posts
A good product to use after cleaning electrical contacts and resist further future corrosion or failure is Caig F5 Fader Lube. I've used in my electronic repairs for years on delicate 70's audio equipment and reel to reel tape decks.
A little goes a long way so just spraying a small bit on a Q-tip and applying is all that is needed.

Hosa F5S-H6 CAIG DeoxIT FaderLube

Caig D6S-6 De-Oxit or CRC QD Electronic Cleaner are two other products good for really cleaning of contacts. . .. but care should be taken with it since it may be too strong for some surrounding materials.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts