GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Was hoping for some input before I jump back into this nightmare of my 2014 Acadia SLT 102k miles

About 3weeks ago it started intermittently doing rough shaky idle at start up. Scanned a P0304 cylinder 4 misfire.
I noticed a clicking buzzing noise from the front mid/driver side when the car was off. Made the battery die 2 different nights. Open/stuck fuel injector?
A week ago my wife was leaving for work and the car was shaking worse than it ever has and blew cloudy white smoke from the exhaust for about 2minutes. I ran the codes and it turned into a P0300 multiple cylinder misfire and a P050D cold start/rough idle.

I was worried it was severe and got diagnosed at the dealership. They said most misfires from cylinder 4. Recommend replacing all 6 injectors. $2400.
I purchased 3 injectors, pressure sensor, 2 high pressure fuel lines, and 3 spark plugs.

Had a hell of a time with the fuel rails, but got everything put in after 2 long nights.
When I had the rails and lines installed I turned the ignition on off and back on to see if there was any leaks. There was none, but I didn't realize until later that I didn't have the gas cap on. (Don't know if this would result in not pressurizing fuel lines?)
Had the rest of the parts put together, cleared the codes and started the car. Bad motor shake kind of evened out after a minute. Didn't sound too good and check engine light flashing.
Scanned:
  • P069E Fuel Pump Control Module Requested MIL Illumination
  • P00C6 Fuel Rail Pressure Too Low
  • P0306 Cylinder 6 misfire
  • P1682 Driver 5 Line 2
  • P2534 Ignition Switch Run/Start Position Circuit Low

If you made it thru, I appreciate your time. This is becoming quite the stressor in my life right now. Any ideas or input will go a long way. Thanks!

·
Registered
2011 GMC Acadia SLT
2 Posts
I’ve been having a rough idle on startup and sometimes at traffic lights. CEL flash usually on the highway, always cylinder 4 misfire. I’ve replaced everything besides injectors so far. Curious to see your future outcome. Replacing injector next weekend myself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited by Moderator)
I’ve been having a rough idle on startup and sometimes at traffic lights. CEL flash usually on the highway, always cylinder 4 misfire. I’ve replaced everything besides injectors so far. Curious to see your future outcome. Replacing injector next weekend myself.
Yes after this post I reinstalled the fuel injectors. Then I got rid of the misfire but had MAP pressure circuit low and Throttle position sensor codes so I pissed around with those and ended up buying new intake manifold gasket $28 and a throttle body gasket $10 and after installing those everything seems good.

I will say the fuel injector rails were an absolute nightmare. No room to work and so far back in the engine bay. Very frustrating. Take your time removing that front rail and it comes out nicely if you can slide it alittle to the right and twist like a bike throttle and pull up out. It's pretty straight forward it's just tight and you can't see too great.

·
Registered
2011 GMC Acadia SLT
2 Posts
I appreciate the update and advice. I’m going to try to get away with just changing the front bank for now because money is tight. Especially after a mechanic got me for $900 for new catalytic converters already. One was plugged solid.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I would do. I'd spend $30 on the rear 3 spark plugs if you only did the fronts. They're not too bad to get to. Also a misfire blew my cats in my impreza so I knew not to ride it misfiring too long

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
FYI...
RockAuto has the proper plugs for $5.65 (Iridiums)
AC DELCO currently has mail in (or online submission) for plugs.
I recently changed the plugs on our 3.6 in the Equinox.
I made the submissions. I recieved an $18 VISA prepaid card 2 days ago.

ACDELCO also has rebates on oil filters, cabin filters, air filters, and fuel filters.
with my 100K tune up.. I also submitted oil, cabin, air filters.
----------------------------------------------------
On a side note-for anyone about to do work.
I also submitted $50 rebate for KYB shocks/struts. Making the KYBs, lower in price than Gabriel or Monroes.
always good to check RockAutos current rebates.... to see what the current promos are. KYB has now ended.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts