GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some movies only show on the front screen and not on the rear screen. I also have the same problem when I try plugging in a game consol. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I looked on page 3-16 of the 2009 owner's manual and it doesn't seem to address the rear screen not displaying an image.

Does this problem occur while the vehicle is stationary in park, or while moving, or after stopping after moving? The front screen should cut off once the vehicle is shifted out of park. Can you view movies on the rear screen by using the remote control when they do not display (see link below for more on this)?

If some movies are playing on both screens and others are not under the same circumstances (i.e. stopped while in park), I'd suspect the player or rear screen is defective.

While this member does not have the nav radio as apparently you do, read his post & see if this is what is happening with your rear screen:

09 Acadia - DVD RSE (no nav) headaches

·
Registered
158 Posts
Larry GTO said:
Some movies only show on the front screen and not on the rear screen. I also have the same problem when I try plugging in a game consol. Anyone else have this problem?
I had a problem running a movie from my iPod Touch but attributed it to user error (ID-10T). Maybe now I'll take another look.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK now the movies work fine, But I still have a problem with plugging in a game consol in the back. It will only play on the front screen in park never on the rear screen. When you put it in drive the front screen turns off like it's suppossed too, but the rear screen stays blank altough you can still hear it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You need to use the remote control that came with your car. It was likely packaged in the box that came with the headphones. Push the "AUX" button --- it will change the source that is displayed on the rear screen.

·
Super Moderator
22,403 Posts
Larry GTO said:
OK now the movies work fine, But I still have a problem with plugging in a game consol in the back. It will only play on the front screen in park never on the rear screen. When you put it in drive the front screen turns off like it's suppossed too, but the rear screen stays blank altough you can still hear it.
Let your kids install it! Some of them know more about that stuff than their parents! ;D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanxs Guys I'll try the AUX button and my kid was the one trying to install it, But then she's not always the sharpest knife in the drawer. :eek:hno:

·
Registered
142 Posts
I picked up my Acadia on July 18, 2009. Having a problem with the remote control for the DVD headrest syatem. The system was dealer installed. Any problems with the remotes that anyone is aware of?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts