GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone figured out how to stop the rear riders from changing the radio station. My kids sit in back and change the dial for fun. There should be some way of locking them out just like I can control the windows from the driver side. Any ideas or is there no way? thanks.

2008 Brown SLT with nav- no dvd.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was told that "some" Acadia radios do not allow the passengers to change the station on the band that the main radio is tuned to. Before I bought my 07, I rented one for a few days - and thats the way it was setup. Rear passengers could not change the station of the band I was listening to.

Unfortunately when I bought mine, I learned that on my car, the rear passengers COULD change the station of the main radio. Like you, it bugs the heck out of me. My dealership did not offer me any alternatives for locking rear passengers out or exchanging my radio for one that does not allow the rear passengers to override the main radio.

·
Registered
381 Posts
If you have the entertainment system, they can listen to their own on the 2nd freq. I had thought that this capability would impede them from switching the front radio station.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
They can only change you channel if they have their power on and they also select the same band you are on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts