Votes: 0 0.0%
  • N/A

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my memory seats just quit working all together. I have programmed them to two drivers and after i restart the car i go to push 1 or 2 and it beeps but nothing happens. Sometimes if i hit the middle button and then the number it MIGHT work but i dont have to hit that button on any other car. Is this a problem or is it user error. Thanks

thunder

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Thishappens in my Passat at times. It forgets its memeory.

with the Passat their is a sequence liste din the owners manual to "reset" the system and re=program the memory.

Not sure about the Acadia, but worth a shot to check out.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just took it out for icecream and now it will ONLY work if you push the center button first and it will not put the mirrors in the same place. I re program them and then i go to test them and they dont work enless i push the center one first, but it does not go to the exact same spot i had every thing. My mirrows never went back to the same spot. :help: thanks every one

·
Registered
269 Posts
Well for us this would be an immediate trip to the dealer. We would not have gone all the way to the SLT2 if it wasn't for the memory seats.

It sounds also as if you are selecting your memory position by using 1 or 2 buttons. We always select ours by using the unlock key on each of our key fobs. Since I am quite a bit taller than my wife, having the seat in my position before even getting in always makes entry less painful. (During our test drives, we drove an Equinox, and after mistakenly thinking I moved the seat far enough back after her drive, I slammed my knee into the steering wheel column, thinking I would not be golfing for a month)

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i love the memory seats too one of the top reasons for the slt2. But my key fobs on the acadia dont have a number 1 or 2 like all the other 98 and up gm cars we have. so i just push the button before i get in. also to add does anybody know how to tell the two fobs apart.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
No, my dealer gave us the wrong ones. We're so lazy about switching keys, we tried everything to make 2 into 1 and vise versa. We finally gave in and traded.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Fobs are not numbered, but they are different. One will set #1 memory and the other will set #2. You just have to set the seat memory and then find out which one controls which setting. I found this out by mistakenly picking up wife's fob and remote unlock had the settings in her memory.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the info on the fobs. time to dig out my labeler. But it looks like a dealer trip for the memory seats. at least its a very short trip from my house.

·
Registered
322 Posts
added poll...

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Found trying to program the 2 fobs for each of us difficult and confusing. I liked my 2002 Envoy with each fob being numbered and setting and programming each very easy. The different seat/mirror settings for each driver is the main reason for opting for the SLT2.

·
Registered
123 Posts
My dealer put a different colored key chain on each one so that's the only reason I can tell them apart. I'll be replacing the key chains with something else but at least it helps out!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've set my seat a couple of times and when I get back in after #2 driver.....sometimes the mirrors don't go where they were and the seat also. If it starts doing this every time, I'll go crazy. My traded in Buick had problems with this.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Looks like my acadia's having a bit of long-term memory loss. seems to forget our seat positions. i reprogram, move the seat, hit 1, and nothing. anyone been able to resolve this? same old keyfob too.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Mine just started this. My husband drove to church this morning and used his keys. This afternoon, I used my key fob to open the doors. I didn't think about it when I got in, but the seat didn't move. I pushed the button on the door and all it did was beep at me. I moved the seat and tried both numbers, but it didn't do a thing. My husband made me get out, lock the car and get back in, nothing. I'm not sure what I ended up doing, I was just pushing buttons, but ended up programing my keys and number 1 to a strange setting. I have to go out and reprogram everything, but am wondering why this would happen. I tried to use my newly fixed heated wipers yesterday and it shut itself off. Could this be electrical?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
mckcab said:
Mine just started this. My husband drove to church this morning and used his keys. This afternoon, I used my key fob to open the doors. I didn't think about it when I got in, but the seat didn't move. I pushed the button on the door and all it did was beep at me. I moved the seat and tried both numbers, but it didn't do a thing. My husband made me get out, lock the car and get back in, nothing. I'm not sure what I ended up doing, I was just pushing buttons, but ended up programing my keys and number 1 to a strange setting. I have to go out and reprogram everything, but am wondering why this would happen. I tried to use my newly fixed heated wipers yesterday and it shut itself off. Could this be electrical?
Sounds electrical; what do you mean by heated wipers shut itself off?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
The display will say that the washers are heating and then I get a message, "wipers off" and it doesn't spray. It did it twice and then I just used the regular spray and tried it again and it worked.

Also, I unlocked the car this afternoon and the settings had been erased again. I actually like it this time since I don't have to reset my husband's settings. Any clue why this keeps happening? Could I have a fuse problem? I've got an appointment set up for two weeks, but I like to have something to tell them in case I've had a repair on it before.

·
Registered
635 Posts
my HWW do the same thing from time to time. I think it has to do with the water pressure. If I tap on the regular water spray, and then engauge the heated washer it works. It acts like there is not water in the line and when the pump senses no water, it turns off. I have gotten use to it. Nice to know when I have mine replaced it wont change anything.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
mckcab said:
The display will say that the washers are heating and then I get a message, "wipers off" and it doesn't spray. It did it twice and then I just used the regular spray and tried it again and it worked.

Also, I unlocked the car this afternoon and the settings had been erased again. I actually like it this time since I don't have to reset my husband's settings. Any clue why this keeps happening? Could I have a fuse problem? I've got an appointment set up for two weeks, but I like to have something to tell them in case I've had a repair on it before.
When was the battery replaced last?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Last year, it was towed in for a dead battery and replaced under warranty.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
You probably have one of those fury Gremlins running around pushing buttons :banghead:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts