GMC Acadia Forum banner

Do you have this problem?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not applicable (Don't have this feature)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My problem is... it doesn't work. When I push the button is says "HEATING WASH FLUID WASH WIPES PENDING". After about 15 second it says "HEATED WASH FLUID SYSTEM OFF". Nothing happens. Anybody else having a problem or is mine a fluke? I thought I'd check here before calling my dealer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine works fine, sometimes I'm not patient and then I press it twice and it cycles twice. Take it back to the dealer and have it repaired.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi Pete -- I've had this same symptom for a couple of weeks now. It says "Heating..." then I get a few wipes but no spray (just a dribble out the right nozzle), then the "...System Off" message.

I'm taking it in to the dealer Thursday as I'm below 20% oil life...I'll let you know what they say.

Cheers!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Mine works fine. Loved that feature back in April in Durango.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Mine worked fine in March when we still were having snow here in VA & WV. Haven't had the need to use it since April...so, assume it still works fine.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I called the dealer that I purchased my Acadia from and the service writer said, "Isn't that only supposed to work in the winter?" I hung up and called another dealer and have an appoinment for Thursday.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Mine started to work again late last night when I used it to clear the fog off of the windshield.

Although general perception is that it's for winter only, the manual does state that it helps (cook and) remove bugs...

·
Registered
108 Posts
I Haven't used the heated fluid much, I could really use it for bugs BUT whenever I use the washer fluid it gets all over the hood. I'm concerned that it's not good for the paint.
Can this be adjusted? If so how?
Thanks, Lee

·
Registered
524 Posts
I tried to use it when the car was moving and it didn't even hit the windshield. I'm not sure if you are only supposed to use it when the car is stopped or not.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts