GMC Acadia Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Pretty sure you have to tap the gas after putting it in gear, not just putting in gear.
That said, I always push the button to disengage... but I don't ever recall it engaging automatically. Maybe I always set it, never allowing it to do so itself.
Yes, you have to put the car in gear AND step on the gas pedal to disengage the electronic parking brake. I live on a hill and park facing downhill every day. As soon as I put the car in Park the parking brake engages. Once I put it in Drive and accelerate, the brake automatically disengages and the car moves. If I just put it in drive without accelerating, the car will not move. Its a safety feature to avoid accidents!

·
Registered
2021 Acadia SLT - Midnight Blue
5 Posts
Is it possible you've shut the car off before you put it in Park? That will make it shift itself and set the EPB.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My situation is that the EPB will sometime set itself sitting in the garage overnight. It is random. Also, had it set itself while having lunch in a restaurant. Very confusing and inconsistent. I understand the need to check itself periodically, but after check it should reset to initial status. I dislike how it functions.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I am wondering if how the EPB is programmed to function has changed since 2018-19 and also if it functions differently on the Denali model than on lower trims.

On our 2019 SLT-1 I can not say I ever had the EPB set itself at all. Not on an incline, not on flat pavement and not in the garage over night.

If I set it on our inclined driveway to get out of the Acadia while running and then put it in Park . .. it will automatically release when I get back in, put the transmission in R or D and step on the gas pedal.

But I really have never seen or felt the EPB engage after parking the Acadia.

I have tried to pay close attention to this since so many seem to have it behave that way. But so far. . . . nada.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Same as JayTee here. '19 also, SLE, mine never auto engages, never seen a test of any sort. Not once.
I always manually disengage if I engage, but have tried the gas pedal option, it works also.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts