GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2008 GMC Acadia SLT 2WD
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I put gas into my Acadia it idols really rough like it wants to cut off... Funny thing is if I turn the car off and pump the gas in it then it takes forever for it to crank back up. It had also started sounded like a diesel vehicle for some reason. Any ideas? Thanks ahead of time.

·
Super Moderator
21,780 Posts
Search the forum for "purge valve" or "purge solenoid" and read about what others have experienced. You'll also find instructions or videos for changing the part in many of the threads. The 'search community' function is very useful when the right keywords are chosen.

·
Registered
2008 GMC Acadia SLT 2WD
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Search the forum for "purge valve" or "purge solenoid" and read about what others have experienced. You'll also find instructions or videos for changing the part in many of the threads. The 'search community' function is very useful when the right keywords are chosen.
Thanks so much.!! I have changed that thing before but it was with a different cheap one.. I might have to do it with the original....

·
Registered
262 Posts
Thanks so much.!! I have changed that thing before but it was with a different cheap one.. I might have to do it with the original....
It's like a $20 part for the Bosch OEM replacement. I sure wouldn't be putting much stock in a $10 part...

It may be a purge solenoid, but with how rough it's sounding, I'm surprised you're not throwing a CEL. Those EVAP systems tend to be rather sensitive about popping a code or two.

·
Registered
2008 GMC Acadia SLT 2WD
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
p0449 p0011 p0014 p0021 p0449 all those codes are showing on the scan tool... the traction control off keeps popping up, service stabiltrak, service traction control... I just don’t even know with this vehicle anymore.. Keep in mind... I have had this vehicle 3 years and have had to have the trans rebuilt twice.!

·
Registered
262 Posts
p0449 p0011 p0014 p0021 p0449 all those codes are showing on the scan tool... the traction control off keeps popping up, service stabiltrak, service traction control... I just don’t even know with this vehicle anymore.. Keep in mind... I have had this vehicle 3 years and have had to have the trans rebuilt twice.!
You have a bigger problem than a purge valve.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I was hoping not ): ... any suggestions on what the issue may be?
With an '08? Probably the timing chain, but you'll need to see a qualified mechanic to know for sure at this point. There are multiple potential causes for those codes.

·
Registered
2008 GMC Acadia SLT 2WD
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
With an '08? Probably the timing chain, but you'll need to see a qualified mechanic to know for sure at this point. There are multiple potential causes for those codes.
Yeah I have an 08... The mechanic that we spoke with today said those are the death codes whatever that is and it’s the timing chain ): ....

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Whenever I put gas into my Acadia it idols really rough like it wants to cut off... Funny thing is if I turn the car off and pump the gas in it then it takes forever for it to crank back up. It had also started sounded like a diesel vehicle for some reason. Any ideas? Thanks ahead of time.
Are you fueling the vehicle while it is running?

George

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Yeah I have an 08... The mechanic that we spoke with today said those are the death codes whatever that is and it’s the timing chain ): ....
My first thought would be timing chains. You said you have had the vehicle 3 years. Did it come with any history? If it did not have regular oil changes, the early Acadia's were prone to serious sludge build up. My son has seen some come into the shop with so much sludge that everyone was scratching their heads wondering how the thing even ran.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2008 GMC Acadia SLT 2WD
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My first thought would be timing chains. You said you have had the vehicle 3 years. Did it come with any history? If it did not have regular oil changes, the early Acadia's were prone to serious sludge build up. My son has seen some come into the shop with so much sludge that everyone was scratching their heads wondering how the thing even ran.

Good luck.
yes it had most of the history with it. They kept it up pretty good from what I’ve seen. I’m afraid it may be those timing chains... and boy that’s an expensive fix.!

·
Super Moderator
21,780 Posts
yes it had most of the history with it. They kept it up pretty good from what I’ve seen. I’m afraid it may be those timing chains... and boy that’s an expensive fix.!
Wish you would have stated the trouble codes up front. They don't reflect codes normally present if it's just a problem with stretched timing chains. Could be other VVT components involved with a proper repair - phasers, control valves, etc. You may be looking at a repair around $3000 (just chain replacement is ~$2000). Good luck with what you decide to do.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts