GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need some advice from my fellow Acadians and GM folks. after identifying several issues with my vehicle, i took it into the dealership for repairs (several months ago). due to the newness, they were not able to fix anything. so, i've been watching this forum for fixes, and i've seen a couple of posts about possible fixes.

it is now time for the first oil change, so before i take it in, i wanted to list the issues and see what i should have the dealership look at.

1. temperature sensor: it is still all messed up, mostly to the high side; i still get some of the 109 readings after the car has set all night in the garage. my question, is this the sensor that needs to be replaced or is the computer just not accessing the the sensor correctly? hardware or softwarre? how will it be fixed?

2. fuel tank sensor: when i park on the slight incline of my driveway (nose high), it causes the gas gauge to read about 1/4 of a tank less than what is really there; the problem is that it takes about 20-30 minutes of driving before it starts to correct the reading. so, is the problem with the sensor or the computer reading the sensor? hardware or software? how will it be fixed?

3. navigation system: i will wait for the new disk and see if this will bring the navigation system up to the standard that i would expect for the money i spent for it; does anyone have a release date for the new disk?

4. intermittent hud display: i get nav directions and xm song titles most of the time, but not always; has there been a fix identified for this? if so, what will be done to fix it? if not, how long before it is available?

5. i've read that the transmission update will be out soon; i hope so, as this is really driving me crazy. any date for when the new update will be released?

other than these issues, everything is good. i've adjusted my driving to get some better city mpg, but it makes me feel like an old lady when i drive that way. i think the 16/24 epa estimate is just about right for this vehicle.

the heat has turned on in the dallas area in the past couple of weeks. so far, with temps in the mid-90's, the a/c and screens over the sunroofs seem to be adequate in keeping the passengers cool.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have the same 5 problems, as I suspect most with the same setup do. Please keep us all informed...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Our inside member for the Acadia said that were some bad tep sensors that have been reported. Mine read 105 the first few days, but has been working fine since (3 months now). If you are still having problems, have them replace the sensor. GM is aware of the problem, and dealer should not hesitate to replace it. Gas tank issue has been covered in previous posts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
We had an early Acadia and it had the temp sensor problem, but it was intermittent. We also had the fuel gauge issue, and when we picked it up one time the service tech had left a bulletin in the car that basically instructed the service folks that they know about it, and it looks like it will require a software update, but that they expected it would be several months to resolve. This was dated mid-May, I believe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts