GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just printed the retail pricing (via the GM empl. website) and was surprised to see that the list price of the White Diamond Tricoat is $745! I know a lot of you are going for the snazzy Red Jewel, and that seems to be a bargain at list of $395. I may have to change my thinking on colors when I order. I also expected the HUD to price out at more than the list of $350. Not that this is a "give-away", but considering the cool factor and it's relative high-techniness, I might have expected more. I've already owned a red car, so perhaps something new? If they would just offer a tan leather & go with the white.

Smooth <><

·
Registered
310 Posts
Smooth said:
I just printed the retail pricing (via the GM empl. website) and was surprised to see that the list price of the White Diamond Tricoat is $745! I know a lot of you are going for the snazzy Red Jewel, and that seems to be a bargain at list of $395. I may have to change my thinking on colors when I order. I also expected the HUD to price out at more than the list of $350. Not that this is a "give-away", but considering the cool factor and it's relative high-techniness, I might have expected more. I've already owned a red car, so perhaps something new? If they would just offer a tan leather & go with the white.

Smooth <><
Well, I have to think that the HUD is not at all high tech. isn't all it is just a reflection of an LED display? They were doing LED speedometers in th mid-80s It is fairly cool, but that was going nowhere with me or my wife, and then we drove an Acadia with the HUD and found how intuitively you start using that than the ultra cool, although crowded dash. Since we see more and more deer while driving these days, we both thought it would be helpful in keeping our eyes on the road. And my wife also said "it might help me from getting tickets if I have to look at a very clear "75" when I am in a 65. " And right there I was sold!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Check out the photos under the picture share section. They really give you a much better idea of how the different colors look than about anything else I have seen

·
Registered
23 Posts
My Acadia came in liquid silver and the invoice originally had the $750 charge as well. My sales person looked at that, scoffed, and said that he'd remove the charge as he didn't expect that I'd pay for it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
The white diamond may take an extra trip through the painting area, and if so does cost considerably more to put on the vehicle. Paint is a very expensive part of the plant, in terms of the cost of the facility, not the material.

No idea on the red. That may be almost all profit for GM.

At least the other metallics are free. With many European cars you'll pay about $500 for any metallic.

·
Registered
315 Posts
The White Diamond, as always, takes an extra step or two, and there has to be extra precaution to get it right--hence the charge for it. Not cheap, but in the end, usually worth it for how great it looks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just a quick note about HUD. My '97 Grand Prix GT has an early version as part of a package price. I think it's great, especially for us older folks with withering night vision.

·
Registered
19 Posts
:blob: I love, love, love my white diamond.........I was soooooooo nervous about the color (the dealer had already ordered it when we went in to test drive an Acadia. When it came in, I couldn't get to the dealers fast enough to see it and was totally happy. I have never been a "white vehicle" fan as I feel that there are tons of them everywhere. The white diamond is very distinctive in a large parking lot, so it's easy for me to spot. We've had lots of people admiring our new vehicle. I'm very proud to be a new Acadia owner.....just hate the payments...hee, hee.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Seeing people talk about the sticker on their Acadia reminded me, we didn't even have a price on our sticker. I bought on of the first ones the dealer got in so ours didn't even have a price on it. I was able to look it up though on the GMC website.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
nedac said:
Seeing people talk about the sticker on their Acadia reminded me, we didn't even have a price on our sticker. I bought on of the first ones the dealer got in so ours didn't even have a price on it. I was able to look it up though on the GMC website.
What website did you use for your sticker price?

·
Registered
420 Posts
My sticker was also blank. The pricing on Edmunds.com was within $50 of what the dealer listed on his website. Actually, last time I checked it went up a bit more since when I got mine in March (For a 2007).

·
Registered
3 Posts
mkaresh said:
The white diamond may take an extra trip through the painting area, and if so does cost considerably more to put on the vehicle. Paint is a very expensive part of the plant, in terms of the cost of the facility, not the material. No idea on the red. That may be almost all profit for GM. At least the other metallics are free. With many European cars you'll pay about $500 for any metallic.
I believe the red is a tri-coat paint, just like white diamond. There are a few "standard" metallics, and a few that require extra processing.

·
Registered
28 Posts
big bear craig said:
nedac said:
What website did you use for your sticker price?
www.gmc.com

Searched dealer inventory

·
Registered
20 Posts
caddycruiser said:
The White Diamond, as always, takes an extra step or two, and there has to be extra precaution to get it right--hence the charge for it. Not cheap, but in the end, usually worth it for how great it looks.
Although a very old post about the white diamond tri-coat, after I purchased mine in March after I washed it and was drying the interior side of the doors I noticed that the paint was summit white the tri-coat was only sprayed on the outside visible part of the car. You would think for a 900 dollar up charge they would complete the whole car as the do with any other. So be it still is a great color.

·
Super Moderator
18,802 Posts
moveover, your post suggests pictures are in order. I find it difficult to believe the car wouldn't be painted the same all over. If what you say is true, you could be in for some kind of refund for the color option.

·
Premium Member
15,751 Posts
Speleos said:
moveover, your post suggests pictures are in order. I find it difficult to believe the car wouldn't be painted the same all over. If what you say is true, you could be in for some kind of refund for the color option.
+1

not that we don't believe you; would just like to see it

·
Registered
20 Posts
Speleos said:
all the inside doors liftgate hood ect. are not tri-coated if I can figure out how to post the pictures I will definitely post them give me a couple of days. thanks I thought it was strange that it was not painted and I will get the dealer to check it out when I have a oil change and post with update.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just added picture of the inside door jamb I cant figure out how to load any other pics I don't know if you can tell from the picture but it is white and not diamond tri coat. I will see if my wife can upload pics for me. The picture is my avatar pic that is the only way I could figure out how to get it on there I am not computer savvy sorry.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
moveover said:
Just added picture of the inside door jamb I cant figure out how to load any other pics I don't know if you can tell from the picture but it is white and not diamond tri coat. I will see if my wife can upload pics for me. The picture is my avatar pic that is the only way I could figure out how to get it on there I am not computer savvy sorry.
open up a photobucket acct- free.
and- use that to linke the pics to here.

·
Registered
189 Posts
i wouldn't doubt it. i've had other cars where the inside door jambs are just a flat color and the outside is nice and shiny. i think my grand am is like that. i'll have to look at my acadia with the crystal red.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts