GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
we've had 3 dealers offer us invoice price for ordering an 08, trade is CRAP, they are offering $2500-$3000 when we should be getting $4000-$4500. But the invoice pricing is really nice. Any incentives at time of delivery would be available, too, assuming there are any.

Heather

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ordered 2008 at invoice price. Was offered $11,500 for trade-in of 2003 loaded Toyota Avalon. No way !! I have since sold it for $3000 more.

Any good rumors yet about incentives and rebates in late July or early August when I am expecting delivery?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I can't speak about any actual rumors, but it sounds like no one expects another big offer until labor day (end of august). Even then I'm expecting them to ignore the acadia again and only have good deal on other models. Major bummer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looking to order a 2008 in the Tampa Bay area, but dealers would not come off MSRP. Has anyone had better luck in this area (or extended)?
Thanks.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Why not try the dealership that sponsored this website (Superior?) and see if they can order it for you, but have it shipped to your local dealer. Destination cost should be the same, I think. You may have to pay your local dealer to clean it up a bit from the delivery truck, but you wouldn't have to drive really far to get it.

Or I could give you the names of a couple dealerships here in nebraska that may be willing to do that, also. I had seen that suggestion mentioned in a couple of other threads... they did it just to annoy the local dealership that was being so jerkish about the price... >:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm waiting for a 2008 Carbon Metallic/Ebony Interior 4SA -SLT-1 w/FWD, captain's chairs, Dual Skyscape Sunroof, Rear Power Liftgate, 18" wheels, Convenience package and 6 cd changer. My lease is 39mos/32,500miles and we're supposedly going to pay $499 per month.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Luckily my brother in law works for GM, so I received the gms pricing. Got a 08 SLT2 with all but nav and sunroof and paid 35,000. Not to get greedy but I was under the impression that I still received the conquest cash, but was told no by the dealer. The sales guy I ordered the 08 from had said I would receive whatever incentives they were offering when the car came in. I guess thats why you get these things in writing. Very happy with the car though.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Conquest doesn't apply when you get GMS pricing, although I have heard of a few dealers that have offered to come close to the GMS amount and then offer Conquest, without actually making it a GMS sale.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just ordered an SLT-1 w/ about everything except Nav. I was quoted 6-8 weeks, but was told the factory was shut down 2 weeks in August for a change over. I paid invoice. I was quoted $500 over invoice from another dealer. I was told that there is $500 conquest right now, but am hoping for better incentives when it arrives.

Also, the luxury package for TX, CA and FL can't be beat. $995 ($1,995-$1,000 discount) for (sunroof and 19" ultrabtight aluminum wheels). This is normally $2k ($1300+$1295-$600 wheel content credit).

·
Registered
389 Posts
Shutdown was July, not August, right?

·
Registered
284 Posts
bhpeters said:
I can't speak about any actual rumors, but it sounds like no one expects another big offer until labor day (end of august). Even then I'm expecting them to ignore the acadia again and only have good deal on other models. Major bummer.
Not a bummer, really...it means the the vehicle is both attractive enough itself AND has attractive enough pricing as it is, that incentives just aren't necessary, even if they might be friends to your checkbook. They'd also lower values later, etc., even if small.

Think Honda/Acura here, at least back in the days when they could do no wrong, incentives never happened, and people just bought vehicles as they showed up, were located, or ordered, and dealers still generally discounted as standard either a small amount or close to invoice without much hassle.

That's what's finally happening with GM as they get more and more vehicles finally done to a level people go gaga for, and price them without much fluff--two things they've not been known for, for many years in the past. But that's enough of a thread hijack.

Back to the GMC, invoice or a few hundred over should again be pretty much the norm. Most dealers of various brands sell right around there or right at that price anyway, and that should be about typical for new Acadia's as well. At least if it's a place where they are scarce to the point of people being on a list to even see one (don't believe that's happened, but you never know).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mama2girls said:
Shutdown was July, not August, right?
The dealer said August, but I've seen other posts stating July. July would have made more sense in order to switch the line over to 2008's. The only other thing I can think of is if it takes 2 weeks to switch between Buicks/Saturns/GMC on the line, but I doubt this is the case.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts