GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, the wife and I are supposed to pick up our new Acadia this week, providing the other dealer trades with our dealer (crossing fingers) what we are getting is a $40,700 MSRP Acadio ,Any way the dealer is quoting us 200 over invoice, does this sound like a good deal? If edmunds is correct that would put this vehicle at about $38030 selling price.

TIA

SLT 2
AWD
Carbon Met Ext
Ebony Int
DVD Ent. Package
Sunroof

·
Registered
468 Posts
Sounds like a decent deal to me but as long as you're happy, who cares?

One thing to keep in mind, partially to manage your expectations, is that some areas have regional advertising fees added on to the invoice that Edmunds only mentions in passing. They can be 1%-2% of the cost of the vehicle, so the invoice the dealer is quoting off of may be higher than you think.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Yes, ask dealer what the total fee structure is, I think mine was $349 including a 10 day plate, etc. Also, can you get Conquest Cash for $1000 off? I think I'm paying about $150 under invoice.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im being told, that is after conquest cash :(

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think you need to see the invoice. My invoice on Edmunds did not show the regional advertising fees that are typical here in my area. I tried to get my dealer to take them off, but he couldn't, and he was the top sales guy at the dealership. So I got $500 above the "true" invoice (with the "true" invoice including those pesky fees), then the $1000 conquest. That brought the price to $500 below invoice. I was happy because none of the other dealerships I was pricing with would budge on the fees either, and many wanted $750 above invoice.

All that being said, I've had my Acadia for a month now and once I drove it off the lot, I completely forgot about all the homework, negotiating and hassles of getting the best price. We love it! In fact, we are taking our first big road trip ever because we have the space and comfort to do it right in the Acadia.

So get the best price you can and then forget about it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts