GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been going through all the posts but still trying to get an idea of what to counter offer a dealer. I was looking at the SLT2 but the dealer has this SLT1. It looks fully upgraded. What would I be missing compared to the SLT2 and is this a good offer or should I counter? I have a test drive for Friday. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

"This is a 09 white diamond acadia with power seats, remote start, 2nd row captains chairs, restraint system, visibility pkg, preferred pkg, rear spoiler, sunroof, tri zone HVAC system, lt sensitive mirrors and heated mirrors, ride and handling suspension system, heated seats, 110v power outlet, power liftgate, dvd and nav, rear park assist, universal home remote, tire inflator monitor, rear seat audio, onstar bluetooth, bose 10 spker with surrond sound, roof rails, and then all you standard equipment. The sale price including the rebates would be $39,738 plus tax and tags."

·
Registered
487 Posts
Is this really an SLT1, it may have changed but when I got my 09 Nav wasn't available on an SLT1. the price seems fair for a fully loaded acadia.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sure hope so. I called the dealer to make sure because I don't want to drive an hour for nothing. In another post, I saw the the nav can be added as an upgrade to the SLT1. Can anyone confirm?

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

One main difference for the 2009 SLT2 is the availability of the cooled seats.

You will need to determine what options you need, vs. those you want. Options / available models are complex in the GM line of vehicles. The best advice is to get the lowest level model that offers what you need. Once you have done this, you can get an idea of the MSRP involved via the GMC website or Edmunds or Cars.com (there is additional info in the Blues Clues link in my signature). This will give you a baseline for where to start when looking at in stock vehicles.

If this is a FWD SLT1, the $39.7K seems kind of high, but I have not priced any since we bought ours at GM Employee pricing, and I know there was another price increase recently. You are paying like $800 for the white paint, which has been listed as expensive to repair when chipped. Some of the stuff you listed on that model is standard equipment (tri zone AC, rear spoiler, etc.). If you go to the GMC website or pickup a brochure at your dealer, you can see what is standard and what is optional.

EDIT
The nav availability has gone both ways. There is a post in the buying & leasing section where someone had found a 2008 SLT1 with the nav from the factory. Yes, it can be retrofitted, there are some threads here dealing with that and the camera.

Also, check with GAR. He is not too far away from you and has a great salesman.

·
Registered
487 Posts
GMC still has the 08's on their website. I looked at edmunds and they still list Nav only available on SLT2.

Blue,
I try to help the guy/gal and you come with all this extra info and make me look bad.:banghead: I guess that goes to show why you are everyone's favorite mod.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
You like me? You really like me??
/Sally Field
:p

Despite our voice control issues for the nav, I would definitely want it if I had to buy again. You can hack the URL line on the GMC website to get 2009 info- how to do it is in Blues Clues.

If it has a nav listed, I suspect it is an SLT2. If that is the case, $39K is not too bad, I think we were around 38.9K before GMS on ours.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the forum welcome.

I sure hope it has nav and I requested that it has AWD. If I have my wife meet me there through traffic, I would not want to be that dealer who led us astray. She can get a little :angryfire: when people are misleading. I can see her walking across the steet, buying a honda pilot, and driving it through the GMC show room. :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Well if that is the case, maybe your next wife will want an Acadia. :D

If it is an AWD, that is a good price IMO, they are usually like $2K more than FWD.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am hoping the honda pilot she drove through the showroom would qualify me for the 1999 or newer non-gm discount :thumb:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Probably would, but you know what they say- as soon as you drive it off the lot, there goes the value. I'd think going through a window while leaving the lot wouldn't help this, but since it is a H***a, perhaps this would actually be an improvement. :p

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi. I just received my 2009 Acadia brochure in the mail today. It shows NAV as being optional on both the SLT1 and the SLT2. It is the Canadian brochure but I would think that it is the same as in the US.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just bought a 2008 SLT-1 last week - I was purposefully looking for an SLT-1 without any additional options (to keep the price down). I wanted Black with the titanium interior - since there weren't many, one of the dealers I was working with sent me quotes on a few different ones. The last one he quoted me was a 2008 SLT-1 with Nav and heads up. Here is the info he sent me (had to paste as a picture in order for the column formatting to be retained):

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts