GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I really appreciate everyone's effort to keep this forum active. Really great place to find all the nuts and boalts of owning a new GM acadia..
Although I have a questions I just received following quote from one of my local dealer for SLT1 (2WD) + sunroof :
$33,600 - Conquest ($1,000) + other misc documentation fees ($150)
Cost of ownership will be $32450.00 (approx)
Delivery takes around 4-8 weeks.
Is this a good deal or should I press for more..

Thanks in advance !!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I think you subtracted that $150 instead of adding it?

Also, I thought conquest was over for the Acadia. Better double check that.

For checking price, go on to edmunds or kbb or others to add up invoice cost for your base model plus options you're getting. Don't forget transit fee. Also, some dealers charge ~ $700+ for local marketing fee. Then see how much your dealer's quote is compared to invoice. Other's on this forum have gotten various pricing because of supplier, etc., and other types of deals. With all the good reviews, I would imagine that dealer's know they can hold prices relatively high. I would try getting dealers to bid against each other to try and get your best deal.

Bottom line, if you're satisfied with the price you agree to, that's what counts.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm in Canada, so I'm probably not much help to you. I will however try with the Canadian pricing I have access to..

SLT1, FWD, Sunroof option only: MSRP $45,600

If you do the conversion math, I would say that you're getting a pretty good deal!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Ordered my SLT-1 today :blob: I would have gone with the SLE, but I wanted the sunroof, so here's what I ordered, and the prices my dealer quoted me...

All prices at cost:
SLT-1, FWD $31,065
Sunroof 1,079
Rear Lift Gate $291
Cargo net/shade $75
Total............$32,510
Add destination chg $795 - now you are up to $33,305.

My dealer said he was selling it at $200 under invoice. The fax is coming through now verifying pricing!!

·
Registered
425 Posts
boxermom said:
Ordered my SLT-1 today :blob: I would have gone with the SLE, but I wanted the sunroof, so here's what I ordered, and the prices my dealer quoted me...

All prices at cost:
SLT-1, FWD $31,065
Sunroof 1,079
Rear Lift Gate $291
Cargo net/shade $75
Total............$32,510
Add destination chg $795 - now you are up to $33,305.

My dealer said he was selling it at $200 under invoice. The fax is coming through now verifying pricing!!
Mods...will you please move this to prices paid? Thanks.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The additional charges really do bite! I have the paperwork stating that the price is $33949.08. Apparently they are hitting me with that co-op advertising charge of $704. The destination charge was actually $735. He also said that the price of the Acadia was $31,265. Edmunds is showing $31,065. I'm sure it's not a coincidense that his number is exactly $200 over the actual invoice price. This is how he's getting away with telling me he is selling it at $200 UNDER invoice.

Why are dealers such liars? I would love to find a way to get supplier pricing.

·
Registered
284 Posts
boxermom said:
The additional charges really do bite! I have the paperwork stating that the price is $33949.08. Apparently they are hitting me with that co-op advertising charge of $704. The destination charge was actually $735. He also said that the price of the Acadia was $31,265. Edmunds is showing $31,065. I'm sure it's not a coincidense that his number is exactly $200 over the actual invoice price. This is how he's getting away with telling me he is selling it at $200 UNDER invoice.

Why are dealers such liars? I would love to find a way to get supplier pricing.
They usually aren't liars, at least when it comes to invoice terms--from personal experience, Edmunds and others state invoice prices that are never quite right and often off by even amounts. You'll see for sure when your Acadia is actually invoiced, if you ask to see it--that'll show MSRP, invoice, Suppler, and GMS.

Otherwise, the ad charge is common and hard to get rid of, and the destination is a given. Still sounds like you made out pretty well.

·
Registered
115 Posts
caddycruiser said:
They usually aren't liars, at least when it comes to invoice terms--from personal experience, Edmunds and others state invoice prices that are never quite right and often off by even amounts. You'll see for sure when your Acadia is actually invoiced, if you ask to see it--that'll show MSRP, invoice, Suppler, and GMS.

Otherwise, the ad charge is common and hard to get rid of, and the destination is a given. Still sounds like you made out pretty well.
Okay, so I came off pretty harsh. Sorry, I tend to do that when I'm mad. I know they aren't typically liars, but it makes me so mad when they don't lay everything out on the table up front. I feel like my dealer kept adding things one after the next. And he had originally confirmed the invoice price on the SLT-1 and then later said that invoice was $200 more.

I realize that I'm getting a decent deal too after seeing what everyone else has paid or is paying. I will eventually calm down and appreciate it. :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts