GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If my local dealer does not have what I am looking for, how much extra am I going to pay if they need to bring it in from another dealer, or order from GMC?

With another dealer, do they just swap similar cars or does the other dealer need to make a cut too? And if they order directly from GMC (I don't know how that works), they may not get a car they already have off their lot but isn't it all profit since they haven't been sitting on it, or in that case do they forfeit some kickbacks or other incentives?

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Dealer trades can vary, but probably not more than a couple hundred or so cost wise to you I'd say if they are not exchanging vehicles. They should disclose this amount to you ahead of time. You may also be able to deal directly with the other dealer and save some money.

When ordering, you are subject to the price/incentives upon delivery. It is a gamble since prices can go up and incentives can go away. Best bet is to work a price with all fees based on invoice subject to you getting any incentives at time of delivery.

Take your time and see if there are any members here in your area that can recommend a dealer.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Out of nearly 5,000 2009 Acadia's in various databases (including GMC, gmbuypower and other gm*.com domains, ww.vehix.com, carfax, autotrader, edmonds, kbb and many others), I can't find what I am looking for.

Anyone happen to come across the following
2009 Acadia SLT2 AWD, Summit White (or tricoat if necessary) and Ebony interior.
Must have: Navigation, Overhead rear DVD, Sunroof and cooled seats. Tech pkg nice but not a deal breaker.
If I have to get the upgraded headlights and tow package that is fine, but I really don't want to fork out $$ on the 19" wheels.
MSRP should put be at right about $48k

Why is this so hard to find? Need to buy from (or at least "through") a local dealer since I have a trade-in, but I have searched all over and can't find one like this.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
LOL try finding an SLT2 with a bench seat. The 19" wheels are a popular option so that will be another stumbling block.

I doubt there will be many if any AWD models in dealer inventory in the south- I don't recall seeing any when we were shopping, so this will narrow your search area.

You should try & sell your trade on Craigslist or another low cost/free place if possible- we made $1,500 over our best dealer offer on our Durango last year while gas was well over $3/gallon and you couldn't give a V8 SUV away.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
LOL try finding an SLT2 with a bench seat. The 19" wheels are a popular option so that will be another stumbling block.

I doubt there will be many if any AWD models in dealer inventory in the south- I don't recall seeing any when we were shopping, so this will narrow your search area.

You should try & sell your trade on Craigslist or another low cost/free place if possible- we made $1,500 over our best dealer offer on our Durango last year while gas was well over $3/gallon and you couldn't give a V8 SUV away.
I actually want the standard captain's chairs, sorry I didn't specify. And I thought about selling the car privately, but I would need to get almost the same $1,500 you made to cover the tax incentive of trading in as well as the reduction of the tax rebate based on paying lower taxes from the trade it...and that just doesn't make it work it.

I kept thinking my options like nav and sunroof were narrowing the available pool...but you are right that the AWD would cut out at lot of regions as well. But, I live in the midwest and gotta have AWD!!!

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I live in AZ and the only AWD my dealer has is a silver/green 09 SLT-2

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just had my silver green SLT-2 with similar options built last week. My dealer has "no haggle" pricing on all in-stock inventory that is set at invoice price. However, they knocked $500 off invoice price when I did a special order because they don't have to worry about carrying the vehicle on the lot. Blue's point about not getting an incentive locked in until the car was built was the key risk I had, but the same $2,250 that was offered at the point my order was made was in effect when the car was built and the VIN number assigned (which is when they can tag the incentive to a specific vehicle). The dealer locked in the pricing in the deal, so that I was protected against a price increase.

The hardest part for me has been the wait! I sold my 4Runner on Craig's List in three days so we've had only one car for over a month, but it will be worth it in the end...

Del

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
bjbyers said:
Out of nearly 5,000 2009 Acadia's in various databases (including GMC, gmbuypower and other gm*.com domains, ww.vehix.com, carfax, autotrader, edmonds, kbb and many others), I can't find what I am looking for.

Anyone happen to come across the following
2009 Acadia SLT2 AWD, Summit White (or tricoat if necessary) and Ebony interior.
Must have: Navigation, Overhead rear DVD, Sunroof and cooled seats. Tech pkg nice but not a deal breaker.
If I have to get the upgraded headlights and tow package that is fine, but I really don't want to fork out $$ on the 19" wheels.
MSRP should put be at right about $48k

Why is this so hard to find? Need to buy from (or at least "through") a local dealer since I have a trade-in, but I have searched all over and can't find one like this.
Here's one in Olathe, Kansas that is pretty much loaded. It looks like it has the 19's though, but it's close.

http://www.robertbrogden.com/VehicleDetails/1147851944

Our Dealership: ROBERT BROGDEN'S OLATHE PONTIAC-BUICK-GMC, INC.
1500 E SANTA FE OLATHE, KS 66061-3643
See a map
GM Certified Internet Manager: Scotty Smith (913) 782-1500 Search Dealer Inventory: Window Sticker

Window StickerDivision of General Motors Corporation
ACADIA AWD SLT-2
ENGINE, 3.6L V6
TRANSMISSION 6 SPEED AUTO AWD
White Diamond Tricoat
Ebony
MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE $50,045.00
STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE $40,490.00
Options installed by Manufacturer
HID HEADLAMPS
$ 500.00
TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE: