GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the Nav radio will store presets by driver? I have the vehicle set up so that when you hit unlock on the remote, it knows which driver you are and sets the seat position and mirrors. I assumed that it would also set your radio presets, last station, etc. since it knew which driver you are, but it doesn't. My 2004 Chevy Malibu with the basic radio even does that. When I use my remote to unlock the doors, the radio has my presets and returns to the last station I was listening to at the same volume. It is nice so that I don't have to battle with my wife over who gets which preset page. Plus she doesn't get into the car with the radio blasting (unless she had it up loud the last time she exited).

The manual mentions seats and mirrors being unique to each driver, but not the radio settings. I am going to be bummed if you can't do that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What option must one have on the Acadia in order to get the mirrors and seats to adjust based on which person's remote opens the doors?

·
Registered
246 Posts
mikey said:
What option must one have on the Acadia in order to get the mirrors and seats to adjust based on which person's remote opens the doors?
Memory seats are only available on the SLT-2

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you have the seat memories, you should be able to do it. I actually have an Outlook XR (the Saturn forum has been slow, so I thought I would post here since it should apply to both vehicles). You do have to turn it on through the DIC, and you have to have the system "learn" which remote is number one and which is number two. It will adjust the seat to the correct driving position and adjust the mirrors when you hit the unlock button on your remote. It will also return the seats to the exit position when you turn off the ignition. Both of these options are set separately in the DIC.

I am really disappointed that the radio is not personalized by driver. :( Even my cheapo Malibu has that option. My STS with Nav also allows you to set up just about any option in the car for each individual driver. I think this is a big miss on GM's part considering how easy it should be.

My wife has informed me that this isn't a big deal at all since I will never be driving the vehicle. ;)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Acropolis said:
My wife has informed me that this isn't a big deal at all since I will never be driving the vehicle. ;)
Ouch.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I'm bummed about not having stations preset for each driver also. My 2004 Yukon Denali had it and it is missed on the Acadia.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts