GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is from GMI, but apparently someone there went to their local Buick dealer, and low and behold, they had a new Diamond White Enclave on display in the showroom as part of a 100th anniversary celebration. Not a saleable unit, but very early production and made to send out for special occasions, and to get some more attention for the vehicle.

Here's the link to his pictures:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cowboyscotte/my_photos

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
When I see pictures of this it makes me happoer Igotthe Acadia.

Outlook is nice except for front grill.

Buick isjust heinouswitht hat front and the hood with the grills and holes.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I don't exactly know why, but it looks like it came out of a cartoon!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love it, but all is subjective. It's very, very elegant and highly detailed looking, inside and out. Should do as well or better than the Acadia and Outlook, too, at least based on initial attention.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
I just think b/c its a buick it will cripple sales no matte rhow good it looks.

People associate Buick with LeSabre and a 75 yr old man in Florida.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I think that looks AWESOME! Great designs and great lines...

Adam

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
NY_Joe said:
I just think b/c its a buick it will cripple sales no matte rhow good it looks.

People associate Buick with LeSabre and a 75 yr old man in Florida.
I don't think it's going to cripple sales. It's just going to have a different demographic. For example, I'm not going to buy one, but I bet my 63 year-old father-in-law will be swapping out his Rendevous for one within 2 years. I think it will be a hot seller among the 50+ demographic.

I think it's a great looking vehicle, although I'm not a fan of the Buick grill.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
loach said:
I think it will be a hot seller among the 50+ demographic.
Given that I'll hit 50 this year, I'm still trying to decide if I should take offense at that. :eek:

Kelly

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
How many 50+ would want to spend $40k+ on a Buick?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
NY_Joe said:
Are you implying that 50+ year olds are too dumb to negotiate down from MSRP and there will never be any incentives on the Enclave?

·
Registered
82 Posts
NY_Joe said:
When I see pictures of this it makes me happier I got the Acadia.

Buick is just heinous with that front and the hood with the grills and holes.
I think the wood trim makes it look like my grandmother's den... Maybe they should put a hand-crank on the front bumper.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
loach said:
NY_Joe said:
Are you implying that 50+ year olds are too dumb to negotiate down from MSRP and there will never be any incentives on the Enclave?
No, and I don't understand how you could even get that from my comment.

I meant exaclty what I said..I think most 50+ yo people would not want to spend $40k+ on a Buick. 

It's an opinion.  Disagree with it if you want which is fine but do not put word sin my mouth.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I was lost on that too...

Although I do see more older folks driving Caddies, Buicks, Linc., etc..Those are well over $40K in most cases...

Adam

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
I said $40k on a Buick.

Caddies and Lincoln b/c they are associated with a luxury brand. Buick, meh.

I'm sure it will sell though regardless of demographic..

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
NY_Joe said:
loach said:
NY_Joe said:
No, and I don't understand how you could even get that from my comment.

I meant exaclty what I said..I think most 50+ yo people would not want to spend $40k+ on a Buick.

It's an opinion. Disagree with it if you want which is fine but do not put word sin my mouth.
I did not put words in your mouth and I don't necessarily even disagree. I asked for clarification. I do think it's simplistic to focus on MSRP.

Glad you recognize that your thoughts are opinions. Many people on forums such as these tend to treat their own views as facts.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Well with all the Tiger Woods Buick commercials, looks like Buick is trying to rid themselves of the "your father's Buick" stigma. The Enclave looks like a first good step.

-- Paul

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Trust me, I have been on forums like that. It' s not even worth typing a response at that point to people.

We are all entitled to our own opinions. different strokes for different folks.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Rufio said:
Well with all the Tiger Woods Buick commercials, looks like Buick is trying to rid themselves of the "your father's Buick" stigma. The Enclave looks like a first good step.

-- Paul
Something tells me Tiger probably wouldn't be driving Buicks though, absent all the $$$$$$$$ he's getting paid ;)

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
I saw one of these at the auto show last month. Other than the color, it looks just like the "Concept" they were showing. On the floor, you could stand in one spot and see all three lambdas at the same time (although you couldn't get into the enclave, being a concept). In my opinion, if I were to rate each based solely on exterior looks for an SUV, I'd give the Acadia a 9, Outlook an 8 and Enclave a 6. In person, it definitely looks "wavy" and the headlights and grill are MUCH too big and really hurt the looks of the front end to me. It's definitely not ugly, but its by far my least favorite triplet. The interior looked great on the concept, but it has a huge center console in the 2nd row, as big as the one in the first row. Not sure that'll make it into the production version, but it's a big difference to note vs the other two...

I'd add, though, that GM probably wants it to be different enough from the other two to possibly appeal to a different taste. There may be buyers who are turned off by the muscular stance and lines of the acadia and want something more "organic". If that's the goal, then it would make sense that a good portion of us acadia owners wouldn't be thrilled with the enclave's design. But we all know it's gonna be a great crossover under that skin!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think it really looks good! That is a loaded out version no doubt, I wonder what the lesser equipped version will look like...............

This one (LOADED) is more "plush" than Acadia and will appeal to those looking for such a thing....uhhh...IMHO that is!

I also think that it won't be all retirees looking at the enclave, it will be the poeple in the same market as we are with another alternative to view.

DISCLAIMER:
This is an opinion and only an opinion all other views implied or expressed are soley the opinion of this poster and should be taken with a grain if not grains of salt.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts