GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...
I've been debating between the SLT1 and the SLT2, and just needed a little push in either direction.

I will be doing the "39" month lease... 0 down (except for standard fees).... using Conquest / GM Card / Supplier Pricing... dealer will be stacking as many discounts on as possible for me.

I will be 'custom' ordering mine with all the Options I want.... now, I need help deciding between the SLT1 and SLT2.

SLT1
Red Jewel / Ebony Leather
AWD
Extras:
Convienience Package
HUD
19" Wheels
MSRP = $38630 (not including my discounts)
-----------------------------------------
SLT2
Red Jewel / Ebony Leather
AWD
Extras:
HUD
19" Wheels
MSRP = $40140 (not including my discounts)
--------------------------------------

As far as the SLT2 and it's extras... I'm not really 'needing' the 548-way seat adjustments :)blahblah:), tinted side mirrors ( :lame:) , heated winshield fluid (lol... dunno why this is funny to me, the blue stuff is good to -30 degrees).

Sunroof would be cool, but considering I'm going to be using my Acadia more for hauling my Drums to shows... not many people would be in the backseat to enjoy the dual sunroof.

To me... it seems like just optioning out the SLT1 to bring it nearly up to SLT2 spec makes the most sense... but what do I know, IM A FORD GUY! :mope:

Anyway, you're help is greatly appreciated. This board has already immensily helped my decision process... swayed me away from both the Carbon Metalic exterior and Brick Interior.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just ordered an Outlook, and I'm kicking myself for not getting the Convenience Package, which adds the rear parking assist. Now I'm scrambling to see if I can do it aftermarket, because the vehicle's already been built.

If you are going to be parallel parking this thing outside tiny bars during Gigs, you'll appreciate the parking assist.

·
Registered
662 Posts
It's kind of funny... you really don't realize how handy some of the stuff is until you try it. Sure you can live without it, no problem. For example, I thought the heated washer fluid was ridiculous too. But did you ever get some of those bug splatters that don't wash off; well I tried the heated fluid and boom it was gone. Even the backup assist... I never realized how easy it makes parallel parking. The tinted side mirror (for the driver side) and the inside rearview mirror are electrochromatic so they dim those annoying lights from behind you automatically, again handy but not necessary. I don't remember all of the differences, but some of them are useful. But hey... to each his (or her) own.

The bottom line... good luck with your purchase, whatever you decide!

·
Registered
403 Posts
I couldn't justify the SLT2, only thing I wish I had however was a memory seat and 8 way power...Rest of the stuff is not worth it, in my view.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Hey Cravenfan,
it gets pretty cold up there in ME. Those heated seats would feel pretty good on a hard working back. :D but I agree, if we didn't have different opinions they wouldn't make different options!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Go with the SLT-2. There may be something in the package that you say you could really live without but when you don't have it - and want it - and can't get it added - you'll kick yourself :banghead:

·
Registered
542 Posts
I have seen alot of postings on here of people with SLT1s trying to see how they can upgrade the seats, replace the rear mirror, add the power liftgate etc.. I would suggest you just make sure that you dont want those and will not in the future. Seems like many have tried to go inexpensive only to pay more later to upgrade their vehicle.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I went through the same debate. I did order the heated washer and LOVE it for removing bugs. I think it is worth the cost.

Given that I drive the Acadia 99% of the time, the memory seats were not a big deal for me, and also the rear hatch did not matter much either.

I got the rear parking assist and think it is a MUST if you don't get the backup camera.

Just my opinions. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll be leasing... so it's not like I can just go modifying the vehicle anyway....

I'll probably put a cargo mat down, and a K&N Air Filter in to pickup 1 mile-per-gallon... and call it a day.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I did get the conv. package, so I have the heated seats...they are more like "warmer" seats, not that hot so far.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Cravenfan said:
I did get the conv. package, so I have the heated seats...they are more like "warmer" seats, not that hot so far.
You must have some thick buns. Mine are smoking after a few minutes.

·
Registered
87 Posts
dmann33 said:
heated washer fluid will melt ice and frost off too.
Funny. The manual only mentions that heated washer fluid is for clearing bugs. Has anyone tried clearing a frosty windshield yet?

·
Registered
246 Posts
jonnie said:
As far as the SLT2 and it's extras... I'm not really 'needing' the 548-way seat adjustments :)blahblah:), tinted side mirrors ( :lame:) , heated winshield fluid (lol... dunno why this is funny to me, the blue stuff is good to -30 degrees).

To me... it seems like just optioning out the SLT1 to bring it nearly up to SLT2 spec makes the most sense... but what do I know, IM A FORD GUY! :mope:
The place to start is to decide if any of the SLT2 only options are must haves. This list includes:

1) HID Headlamps
2) Memory Seats
3) NAV (includes Backup Camera)
4) Express Up/Down Driver & Front passenger windows
5) Power Folding Side Mirrors

If you want or need any of these, then you have to go with the SLT2. Otherwise, everything else can be added to
an SLT1. Also, some options are either very difficult or impossible to add afterwards (power liftgate, HUD come to mind),
so make really sure you absolutely won't ever want a feature before deleting it. Since I didn't care about any of the
5 items mentioned above, I ordered an SLT1 with the options I wanted rather than go with the SLT2. Good luck.

·
Registered
95 Posts
If you are looking at either one, I would suggest the power liftgate since you will be hauling a lot of items around. We have the SLT-2 and love the power liftgate. My wife is short and so getting the gate down would be more difficult. It is more of a convenience thing to be able to open it when you are approaching with your carge, or have an armload and don't have to re-arrange things or set them down to open the liftgate, just use the key fob.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
linuxtwit said:
The place to start is to decide if any of the SLT2 only options are must haves. This list includes:

1) HID Headlamps
2) Memory Seats
3) NAV (includes Backup Camera)
4) Express Up/Down Driver & Front passenger windows
5) Power Folding Side Mirrors
Hey linuxtwit,

It's been awhile since I ordered my '08 SLT1, but I thought that #3 NAV was an option on the SLT1. I also think that the 4 way power pass seat with power recline was another SLT2 only option, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Gar,
Since the OP stated they didn't care about the 8way seat, I didn't bother mentioning it. In regards to
the NAV, the online ordering guide lists it as a SLT2 only option, and when I was ordering my SLT1, there
was no option to select the NAV radio. I'm in Canada though, so maybe its possible to order NAV on the SLT1
in the US, but all the documentation I've seen says its a SLT2 only option.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I determined the only thing I was missing out on by ordering SLT-1 and not SLT-2 is not being able to power fold my mirrors like I do in my old Avalanche. Also I could not upgrade to HID on SLT-1. The additional pwr seating and window options wasn't enought to add 2K to the bottom line (2k because I would have added HID also if getting SLT-2). Anyways, I got my optioned out nicely. Late :thumb:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would suggest adding the towing package to your options . My uncle was in a band and he had a full sized van and still needed room to haul stuff and had to pull a trailer . With the issues adding aftermarket hitch and wiring that I have read it is cheaper upfront to get it .

1 - 20 of 29 Posts