GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

Got to say thanks a million to all the dedicated people posting great info on this forum.

I just got back from my dealer for an oil change today and asked about (2) TSB's I have read here on the forum. One being the intermitant display problems on the HUD which I have and the second being the Trailer Wiring issue.

While I was waiting for my oil change I asked the kid at the service reception desk to look up the TSB's for those 2 issue and he said there is no TSB's and there is no issue with the trailer towing (acording to their head mechanic) and I must be crazy if I think the HUD doesnt work becasue there is a "setting" you must change to make it display the radio info.

I honestly didn't even argue or smack him in the head like he deserved. I simply came home and logged onto this forum pulled up both of the TSB's that I had seen here first and called him back. Once I read them to him over the phone, he went off to discuss with his mechanics and called me back to confirm they do exist for the HUD and it can be fixed. NOw the trailer issue is only for "Dingy towing". So I had to read this to him and explain the part about trailer towing. He finally agreed that it needs to be fixed.

This part deserves a new paragraph - According to him Nav update to fix HUD is covered under warranty but unfortunately the trailer wiring issue is not covered and I must pay for it out of pocket. Well now I reached over the phone to smack him in the head and while still sitting at the PC on the forum read the TSB to him line by line to explain that it is a warranty item. Once again he agreed to fix this as well.

Okay, I'm done venting now. I guess my father was right all those years when he said the squeaky wheels gets the grease...

Thanks a million to the folks that make this forum "float" and give us the knowledge we need to fight with our dealers who give us a hard time about fixing GM's errors.

Cheers to you :cheers:

thanks,

Mario

·
Registered
249 Posts
Wow, what a great story mario, and that's very encouraging for the rest of us too. I've learned a million times more about my car here, than I could have anywhere else.

·
Registered
339 Posts
:ditto:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I couldn't agree more with the comments of the power of this forum..

My dealer tries but no one seems to know much about the Acadia. Yesterday while in for a replacement of
rear speaker, I asked the "Service Advisor" to check the power steering level as it makes a noise when the
level is lower than exactly full. After 5 minutes of searching, I had to show him the reservoir was under
the engine cover. Nice people but not very knowledgeable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts