GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new here and would like to know if anyone else is having a problem with there power windows. My rear passanger window keeps going down on its own, and I can't put it for about 2minutes after. And then sure enough about 10min it goes down again. Took it into the dealer they think water is getting into the electrical system were it plugs into the inside of the door. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'm driving a 2009 acadia sle fwd.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
This is the first I've heard of this on an Acadia.  I had an '03 Silverado that the same thing happened to.  It was out of warranty so I tried replacing switches and then the window regulator (the motor assembly that raised and lowers it) without any luck.  I just ended up unplugging the **** thing.  My only suggestion is to let the dealer track it down, with all the computer controls on these things there's no telling what could be causing it.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I agree with GeoHawk. Have the dealer track it down and fix it.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I would like to hear the fix for this one; could be anything; had any sunroof leaks in the past

·
Registered
370 Posts
While on the power window topic. I can't tell you how many times my hubby would be fuming :angryfire: from the "auto" power windows. Touch that button and its a gamble as to where your window will end up.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Irish said:
While on the power window topic. I can't tell you how many times my hubby would be fuming :angryfire: from the "auto" power windows. Touch that button and its a gamble as to where your window will end up.
I'm fighting a head/chest cold but even in my altered state why would your hubby be mad about the auto down windows? ;D

·
Registered
370 Posts
jsimms said:
Irish said:
I'm fighting a head/chest cold but even in my altered state why would your hubby be mad about the auto down windows? ;D
Sorry to hear about the cold. I share his frustration, just don't voice it as loud as him. If I want to crack the window it goes flying down, so I hit it again and flying up.... and so the game begins :banghead: 5 tries later its kind of where it should be. If there is a trick to this window thing let me know. They seem awfully sensitive to me.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I can see you trying to adjust your window; up,down,up,down :rofl:

I don't seem to have a problem with them, but then again I don't have auto up

·
Registered
540 Posts
Irish said:
Yes the auto down is touchy. I just tap the switch up if it takes off.

Bobby

·
Registered
540 Posts
tydunn said:
Hi I'm new here and would like to know if anyone else is having a problem with there power windows. My rear passanger window keeps going down on its own, and I can't put it for about 2minutes after. And then sure enough about 10min it goes down again. Took it into the dealer they think water is getting into the electrical system were it plugs into the inside of the door. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'm driving a 2009 acadia sle fwd.

Thanks
I don't know were your located but due to recent weather around here is it possible snow may made its way into the driver or rear door window switch? I know i've opened the doors and snow blows in or I just put the window down and the water drips on the window switches. I also notice when putting the window back up there is moisture on the glass even if it has dry for days. I have to make sure the drain holes are open.

Bobby

·
Registered
370 Posts
jsimms said:
I can see you trying to adjust your window; up,down,up,down :rofl:

I don't seem to have a problem with them, but then again I don't have auto up
huh...I didn't know the 07's didn't have auto up.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Irish said:
huh...I didn't know the 07's didn't have auto up.
If I remember correctly, auto up was limited to the SLT-2.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
As II make my way through this forum; I have noticed there are a lot of little differences between the 07 and the other two years; also some options are SLT2 only or SLT1 optional; kinda like the auto up feature. How does this feature rate higher to be standard on SLT2 and optional SLT1?

·
Registered
635 Posts
jsimms said:
had any sunroof leaks in the past
He shouldn't be, but if he is, is this the first for the 09's?

·
Registered
79 Posts
khansen30 said:
jsimms said:
had any sunroof leaks in the past
He shouldn't be, but if he is, is this the first for the 09's?
Glad we opted to forgo the sunroofs... Sound like major issues! I am not liking all of this water leaking talk. Hope we got a good one!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Sandhopper said:
Glad we opted to forgo the sunroofs... Sound like major issues! I am not liking all of this water leaking talk. Hope we got a good one!
At the rate we are going here in Amarillo, you may never know! :thumb:

·
Registered
79 Posts
khansen30 said:
Sandhopper said:
Agreed... Will it ever rain, snow... anything but blow dust!

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Sandhopper said:
khansen30 said:
Sandhopper said:

North Texas at its finest :eek:fftopic:

·
Registered
635 Posts
jsimms said:
Sandhopper said:
khansen30 said:
Sandhopper said:

North Texas at its finest :eek:fftopic:
We out here in the Panhandle take this seriously. North Texas is above Dallas. We out here are a country of our own. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
No offense; Panhandle it is ;D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts