GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The SLT1 has the auto-down feature for the driver's side power window but not the auto-up. My understanding is that auto-up is standard on the SLT2. Is this done by computer programming or is there a piece of equipment missing on the non-SLT2s? If it's a programming issue, is there a "fix" to add the auto-up?

·
Registered
119 Posts
The physical switch for the auto-up/down is different than one for only auto-down

·
Registered
88 Posts
can this be upgraded through the purchase of a new switch?

·
Registered
164 Posts
atljoe said:
The SLT1 has the auto-down feature for the driver's side power window but not the auto-up. My understanding is that auto-up is standard on the SLT2. Is this done by computer programming or is there a piece of equipment missing on the non-SLT2s? If it's a programming issue, is there a "fix" to add the auto-up?
One more reason I wish I had sprung for the SLT2...definitely miss that feature.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Both the Driver and the Passenger windows have both auto down and auto up on the SLT-2. At least that's the case on the 08. I would guess it to be true for the 07s also. I knew the driver's window would be that way but I was pleasantly surprised to find that the passenger window did as well.

·
Registered
405 Posts
tschmut said:
Both the Driver and the Passenger windows have both auto down and auto up on the SLT-2. At least that's the case on the 08. I would guess it to be true for the 07s also. I knew the driver's window would be that way but I was pleasantly surprised to find that the passenger window did as well.
yes i have an 07 and it is just like that.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Uh, for me, another non-value added option. :sosad:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Cravenfan said:
Uh, for me, another non-value added option. :sosad:
i couldn't care less wheather i had the feature, more of a pain if you ask me

·
Registered
48 Posts
I recenly had GMC work on my truck and they replaced the switch in the drivers door. I now dont have auto-up anymore. I have an SLT-2 and I think they installed the wrong switch. Does anyone have the part numbers for both so I can check the switch. I am at 35k on a 36k warranty and they are going to try and push it off as it wasnt them I know it. I need to verify they made the mistake.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Did you try resetting the switch? Look in the manual.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I tried the reset or reprogram but it still dont work I have auto-dwn but not auto-up. I have auto-up+dwn on the passanger side.

·
Registered
724 Posts
tschmut said:
They changed it in 2010-2011 so only the driver is auto up on a SLT-2 and Denali model. ( see ordering website info below )

Windows, power with driver Express-Up and -Down and passenger Express- Down

·
Super Moderator
22,561 Posts
bowen71 said:
I recenly had GMC work on my truck and they replaced the switch in the drivers door. I now dont have auto-up anymore. I have an SLT-2 and I think they installed the wrong switch. Does anyone have the part numbers for both so I can check the switch. I am at 35k on a 36k warranty and they are going to try and push it off as it wasnt them I know it. I need to verify they made the mistake.
I think the dealer owes it to you to GET IT RIGHT! :angryfire:

·
Registered
134 Posts
MA Acadia said:
They changed it in 2010-2011 so only the driver is auto up on a SLT-2 and Denali model. ( see ordering website info below )

Windows, power with driver Express-Up and -Down and passenger Express- Down
On the GMC web site http://www.gmc.com/acadia/acadia/specsStandard.jsp, it says:

SLT2-Build and Get Pricing

Features shown below are in addition to,
or in place of, SLT-1 features
• Driver and passenger express up
and down power windows

And yes, the passenger side on our SLT-2 does not have an express up feature. So, even though the web site says so, it doesn't seem to have it (at least we have only gotten the express down feature to work).

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have express up and down on the passenger side of my 08 SLT-2 but not the drivers side anymore. I am working with the dealer to get it fixed. They have messed it up rewired some stuff in the drivers door.

Check out the picture of what they did on the drivers door wiring

Sorry for the highjack of the thread.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,561 Posts
Not exactly a hijack, bowen. BTW, what are we seeing in the pic? Did they NOT reconnect the two harnesses? WTF is that strange spliced wire across the top of the pic all about?

·
Registered
48 Posts
In the picture is how this dealership found it. I originally had work done at one close to the house but they caused about $2200 dollars in damage that they half *** fixed under warranty work. This wire is what they did to fix the dome lights not coming on I assume.

They found this while trying to fix my heated seats and changing out the window regulator. I did not authorize this and I did not do it. The new dealership that has it now is trying to fix all the issues. They found that they moved pins around from one connector to the other and spliced the wire in its place. Right now everything worked except the auto up feature on the drivers side. I assume its the wrong switch because they just replaced it when they fixed the wires I hope it will be done.

I am going to contact GM about the repairs that were done and I am going to talk to the service manager once they have fixed the issues. I want restitution for this. I am less than 1k from being out of warranty and I think this is going to haunt me later.

·
Super Moderator
22,561 Posts
Wow!! :mad: Good luck, bowen.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well I got my truck back and they fixed the issues. After a week and 3 days they ended up calling tech support and they down loaded a software update to the truck. They were having problems with it not retaining the memory on the window programming.

I contacted GM about restitution on all of this and they are to contact me today with offerings. I want and extension on my bumper to bumper for another 10k or something to that effect. There is no telling what the other dealership has screwed up. I know they are going to try and give me free oil changes and tire rotations but that was already offered to me.

What do you think my chances are?

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts