GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just noticing the owners manual shows a power tilt & telescope option.

I didn't see that on the options build sheet. Anyone seen one of those yet?

·
Registered
364 Posts
It's not on my car--manual only with SLT-2 package.
I did see it in the owners manual as well.
I'll bet that it will be coming later (i.e. Denali pkg!)

·
Registered
518 Posts
I know the Encalve is supposed to have that. Maybe the manuals are generic.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Could be a future (Denali) option, and correct, it's on the Enclave. But, I bet it's generic pages with which GM builds the owners manual.

·
Registered
315 Posts
readyforacadia said:
Could be a future (Denali) option, and correct, it's on the Enclave. But, I bet it's generic pages with which GM builds the owners manual.
Exactly. Might not be on certain models, but it's in the manual because it will be on some--like the Enclave, and possibly the Denali.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I know it is an option that a lot of luxury vehicles have but I just don't get it. Are people really so lazy that they need to power tilt a 3lb searing wheel. The reason I really don't like it is it take 30 seconds to do something that take 2 seconds with a manual tilt and telescope. Could someone explain to me why you would want this option. I understand the power lift gate, power seats (although I wish power seats had a manual slide option). Now seriously I'm not trying to be an a** I just don't get it and I've driven everything from a 1972 ford courier to a 2003 BMW 540i and when it comes to adjusting a steering column I would rather have my courier than the BMW.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am with you on this one - I really don't even like this infinite adjustment telescoping wheel - I like the old tilt will that you can put up and down easliy and quickly when you get it and out.

·
Registered
619 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have it in another vehicle, and where it really comes in handy is when multiple people switch driving the same car, and the wheel position is tied into the 'memory' settings. Seat, wheel, and side mirrors all go to "my" location.

·
Registered
518 Posts
JohnFitz said:
I have it in another vehicle, and where it really comes in handy is when multiple people switch driving the same car, and the wheel position is tied into the 'memory' settings. Seat, wheel, and side mirrors all go to "my" location.
Exactly. If there were no memory setting I would not care if it were power or not. Kind of hard to have a memory setting on a manual tilt/telescope wheel.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'd have to agree with that, if there was no memory on it then it'd probably be more of a nuisance.

·
Registered
364 Posts
John Fitz hit the nail on the head--I have it on BMW and it's handy when mife wife has used the car and when I press the key fob, it automatically goes back to "racecar" driver from "bus driver" stance!
While not a necessity, it is a very nice convenience.

If only one driver or both drivers use same position, then manual only has to be set once when you first get the car. Then a power tilt up/down-in/out isn't really necessary.

·
Registered
231 Posts

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
I hear what you're saying. When my wife has the car adjusted for her, I literally cannot fit between the seat back and the steering wheel. :eek: Fortunately, we seldom drive each other's vehicles.

Kelly

1 - 18 of 18 Posts