GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started my Acadia the other morning which had been parked in the garage (temp -10 deg celcius). I drove to work in -40 deg celcius only to notice very difficult steering. Upon returning home the power steering was completely gone. It appears that there is a power steering cooler/and or hose at the base of the radiator that has failed. Has anyone else had this failure. I'm now on a 4-5 week waiting list to get it into our only GM dealer here in cold Fort McMurray, Alberta.
Mike

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Wouldn't the powersteering pump keep trying to make pressure with no fluid inside of it? If it does, I can't imagine that long of a wait being anygood for that pump. I would try to get them to replace the PS pump if it pumps dry for that long.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Wow what a pain and even more of a pain having to wait.
Hopefully the pump holds up and does not add to the headache.
Parking is going to be an upper body workout.

FYI: -40 C = -40 F

·
Registered
2 Posts
This just happened to me yesterday. I just got back into town from a week in Maui :drunk: and started my Acadia in the garage. 5 minute later I had a nice big clear puddle on my floor. The service manager at my dealer said it will be Monday or Tuesday until they have the replacement cooler. 5 days with a loaner car, DTS Caddy. I like my Acadia so much more!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
March 17 Happy St patty's Day!! Took my SLT 1 in today for power steering noise they said fluid was ok but they had a procedure that called for overfilling by one half inch with additional fluid from invoice K9995 per PIT 4537 top off power Steering level. Works great now but I am keeping this invoice for awhile !!!!
DENNY

1 - 5 of 5 Posts